• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why not a flex-width forum?

Engaged ,
Mar 18, 2009 Mar 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see it is easily possible--just look at Jive's forum!

Some major issue I see with the 700px or so size you're currently using.
* Code blocks are practically useless for indented code.
* Put it into threaded mode and have a good laugh at the 250px wide stuff columns by the time you get down to a 4th reply.
* You're already losing 240px to the annoying "Actions" right-hand column. People with theater-proportion screens could at least ameliorate this issue slightly.
* I believe you're using a large font than they are the Jive site, so your content already flows longer.
* It's frustrating to see 300-400px of dead space that I could really be using just sitting to the right of the forum.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2009 Mar 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still think that Dreamweaver and FireWorks are the best on the market for what the do. Laugh if you will. And it was a Takeover. It was portrayed that way at MacroMedia. And I am apt to believe it. Maybe not in the Board room but everywhere else it was.

Sure PhotoShop is a great Program but at the price it is, its out reach for me. I've not tried the trial for InDesign, so I have no knowledge to comment. Between FireWorks, and GraphicConverter I can make do without PhotoShop. And with the upgrade from Studio 8 to equivalent Adobe product close to a $1000.00 It out of my Range at this time.

As for the comment about studio 8 being three versions behind I asked when it came out from MacroMedia and from Adobe when they took over MacroMedia 8 was around for a almost a year before a new version came out under Adobe. I got no result from either. In fact the response from Adobe was they never heard of the problem. That was the last contact from Adobe on the matter. It was dismissed as a crackpot question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Laugh if you will.

XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines