• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong reactions under topic?

Enthusiast ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/need-help-please-with-after-affects/m-p/11151572?page=2

I got an e-mail that a new reaction was posted to a thread I'm following.

But after going there, I found that the reactions do not match the OP (the reactions are on the subject I follow, but the wrong OP is shown). Something went wrong in pulling the database...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by " I found that the reactions do not match the OP" exactly? Your screen shot doesn't seem to indicate this and I can't see anything in the discussion that looks wrong (but I wouldn't know what was right).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read the original post ('Need help... etc") and the comments?

The comments are about After Effects preference syncing being unavailablre / greyed out. That is the topic I was following.

The post is about someone who wants info on video software for his daughter.

That's quite a mismatch ain't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now you mention it, I do see the mismatch. This doesn't strike me as at all unusual, people often pile in with no connection at all to the original post (except in their own head), then follow ups which mix the original posts, misunderstandings, and a wish to complain... There is a sudden jump after the first post, I see. One possibility could be that there was another post linking them "I wanted to use the face tools, but they were greyed out in AE2020. This is a load of *****." So, now people would reply to this "Greyed out for me too". And next the original reply was removed as abusive. Not saying this happened, but just pointing out how sudden leaps in topics can happen. Do you see any other evidence the database is mixing this up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone can post a reply (I take it that is your meaning of the word you used Reactions) to any topic they like and include any text they like.

You are following a Conversation. The forum software knows nothing about the actual Topic of that conversation and only that you are following it.

Normal for todays world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although we discourage it, I think you'll find off-topic remarks in almost all public forum discussions.  It comes with the territory.  Unfortunately, there's very little we can do to police it.  

As a forum moderator, I branch off-topic posts to new discussions when I see them.  But I'm sure there are many others that go unnoticed until someone like you calls attention to them.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, as mentioned, I am trying to report a technical issue, since the replies are correct om the topic I was initally following, but the question on top of the thread isn't. It is not in line with the reactions.

I know about off topic reactions, but off topic questions/original posts are new for me, if not impossible 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What this look like to me is some mod or staff member Merge a bunch of replies from some other coversation into an Original Post from someone else on a completely different topic.

To merge one conversation, individual post or a group of posts (Replies) into another conversation you have to know the original post identifier number that you are Merging INTO. If that identifier number is off by one digit the post/replies/whatever will end up in a different, unintended, conversation.

This is what has happened with the thread you link to in your original post. Nothing more. Human Error not forum software errors.

When I do a merge I Copy and Paste the thread identifier number that is found in the Address bar of your browser. Like this.

2020-05-31 17_50_41-Re_ Wrong reactions under topic_ - Adobe Support Community - 11157600.png

If you don't Copy and Paste just that number, like you try to remember it or write it down and then type it into the Merge Post box you can write it down or type it in incorrectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that's what happened, too. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines