• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere not utilising Radeon (OpenCL) card during playback

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing a lot more chop than usual during playback.

OpenCL is correctly being detected and selected for my project:

card 1.PNG

However, during playback my graphics card is barely being utilised (Radeon RX 550), while my CPU is maxed out at 100% (Intel i7-9700).

card 2.PNG

The footage is h264 and has several effects applied (Ultra Key, etc.) -- but I'm still seeing chop even when effects haven't been applied / FX is turned off (although curiously the CPU isn't  at 100%):

card 3.PNG

I recently upgraded my workstation - from an 8th-gen i3 & nVidia graphics card - and performance was reasonable on the previous machine, so if anything I expected the i7 to provide a big boost in speed.

I imagine the difference is down to Premiere Pro not actually using the Radeon card as task manager suggests.

Any ideas on how I can resolve this? I've seen some suggestions on using the registry to disable the Intel graphics - but this is not something I can easily do on this machine. (NB: the issue in that thread is slightly different to mine as I can actually select GPU renderer).

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try disabling the iGPU in BIOS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines