Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

super SLOW performance with Ae & Pr

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I built a PC specific for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.

These are the specs:

Asus Zenith Extreme MB

AMD Threadripper 1950X

Asus Strix 1080ti OC

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB

Software on Samsung 512GB 960 PRO NVME SSD

And despite all these powerful components, i'm having a really slow performance with both After Effects & Premiere Pro !!

Maybe it's because of wrong settings, can anyone tell what should i do to get the best performance out of this PC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to do with settings. You built yourself an Edsel. Since most operations in AE and Premiere are linear and use limited multithreading, what would you even want with a Threadripper processor? Your issues cannot be fixed with the flip of a switch or the wave of a magic wand. You should have informed yourself better beforehand.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i was gonna biuld a new PC, what are the most best specs would you advice me?

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Threadripper may not be ideal for AE which is not well multithreaded but if it is setup properly it really does quiet well with Premiere.  Here are two Premiere Pro BenchMark (PPBM) results from 1950X with a GTX 1080 Ti.

"34","52","13","158", Premiere Version:, 11.1.2.22, ASUS GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GPU

"48","43","13","140", Premiere Version:, 12.0.0.224

Both of these scores are very good scores for evaluating the performance of the CP:U, GPU, and storage.

Test your system to see how your hardware is setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of [profanity removed by moderator] answer is this? The guy is asking for advice. Being patronizing and unhelpful while coming across like a know-it-all doesn't serve any purpose. I'm sure a lot of people have the same question and even a simple link would've been more helpful than that[profanity removed by moderator] reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Hardware Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you be more specific about 'performance'? rendering previews, exporting, warp stabilize, live playback...

for example, according to puget, the 7700 is the same realtime playback as the thousand dollar processors but slower in exporting. neat huh?

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Premiere-Pro-CC-2017-1-2-CPU-Comparison-Skylake-X-vs-Thre...

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Premiere-Pro-CC-2017-1-2-CPU-Comparison-Skylake-X-Kaby-La...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, unfortunately the ~300$ i7-7700K is 20-40% faster in almost everything inside After Effects.

If i was only going to use After Effects i should have bought the i7 CPU.

But i use other editing\3D softwares, so.

To be specific about 'performance' in AE (Pr is not that bad).

It's slow in rendering previews, live playback, animating 3D objects (from Element 3D) and even slow to open the composition!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't listen to the people here who say Threadripper is a bad CPU for Premiere. If anything, Threadripper is OVERKILL, which doesn't excuse why Premiere performs poorly on Threadripper platforms. After a ton of testing, I'm convinced Threadripper is bad for Premiere only because Premiere has buggy performance on Threadripper. The CPU should be plenty powerful otherwise (as is evidenced by smooth playback of all kinds of video clips in other software). 

Please report your experience with Premiere on Threadripper here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form  

If enough of us report the problem maybe it will get some attention and a future update will include a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggested your testing of Premiere earlier but have not heard from you,  Many times we can cure performance problems with a few simple steps of tuning.  But unless you give us some performance numbers (the Output.csv file) and detail specifications (the Speccy file) we cannot know what to suggest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your bios and turn off CSM under boot, and turn off HPET. Enable xmp of course and make sure RAM is running at advertised speed. Disable xhci hand off.

Install latest chipset, graphics drivers from amd, Nvidia website.

Use coreprio to use all cores efficiently in windows and sync well

I'm having issues with ryzen 5 2600, the ui being slow in photoshop, everything else is fine. Rendering and etc are blazing fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does turning off CSM really make that much of a difference? it kinda opens you up to boot vulnerabilities. just curious. but we do appreciate your detailed info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a ryzen 5 2600 and it's also slow. So what?

Ryzen is a failed release. Old Intel is faster. I can't edit videos with my screen chopping all over the place, no matter which - - - - - - - software I use or Bios ******* settings I use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines