Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Premiere HOT GARBAGE? (Help!)

Explorer ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe -

After FOUR YEARS of not being able to reliably render on our nMP with Open CL or Metal without artifacting or crashing or both, we've built a brand new top of the line PC as a work around - which is ALSO crashing constantly (and I'm seeing many other PC users with same issue).

WHY CAN'T YOU GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER?  I'm literally inches from abandoning Adobe completely as the reliability issues with this company's products (I've used since the late 90's) are simply costing too much time money hair pulling and tears.

WTF...I just don't get this crazy world we live in today where my once 2 favorite company's Apple and Adobe are now both hot garbage.

Sad.  Very very sad.

[Moderator note: moved to best forum for help.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the links below to make a report

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform for feature requests or bug reports

-or Feedback forum https://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud/desktop-app/content

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John but I'm waaaaay past feature requests or bug reports and frankly just venting.  If our current tech support call doesn't get us back to work reliably rendering I'm moving my entire company to AVID Media Composer or Resolve.  Cheers and thanks again for kindly trying to help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the problems. Maybe something is not right and cool down and the family here are very helpful. What is the top of the line rig that you are talking about. Sadly the Adobe customer support are sometimes " Civil Servants" and do not always help muc. Also for better results only use Nvidia cards and stick with the cards ending xx70 and xx80 as they have lots of cuda cores and are 384bits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bisa...so many nice people here.

Our new PC build is:

• Power Supply:  CORSAIR HXi Series HX1000i 1000W 80 PLUS PLATINUM
  • GPU: ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 Ti DirectX 12 STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready Video Card
  • HDD: Seagate BarraCuda ST8000DM004 8TB 256MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
  • Case: Corsair Crystal 570X RGB CC-9011111-WW Red Steel / Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
  • RAM: 2x G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Intel Z170 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-32GTZSW
  • M.2 SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVMe Series 1TB M.2 PCI-Express 3.0 x4 Solid State Drive, Retail (V-NAND)
  • Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H115i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
  • Mother Board: ASUS Republic of Gamers Rampage VI Extreme LGA 2066 Extended ATX Motherboard

Currently operating temps are fine and there's no obvious reason why computer is hard freezing / crashing with no graceful way to recover.

Any advice is most welcome as I'm not excited about the prospect of figuring out new workflows for AVID Media Composer or Resolve and retraining my entire staff.

Thanks again and have a fine day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting up the right combination of hardware, and tuning what you've got, seems to be something that isn't that obvious, sadly. The Hardware forum would have the best help on this, I think ... Bill Gehrke, ECBowen​ of ADK among others.

Also, the Puget Sound Systems web page has some useful things on setting up gear for PrPro and Ae, as does Bill's page with tons of info on real-time testing of hardware running a specialized test suite he's built ... Tweaker's Page ... http://ppbm8.com/index.html .

Another resource is SafeHarbor systems from the Twin Cities I think, and one of their guys 'hangs' here a lot also.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Neil.

Run my Premiere Pro BenchMark (PPBM) and SUBMIT the results. I will try to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally when you see that crashing and locking up in a GPU acceleration application when playing back or rendering the bios settings or the ram set to the xmp profile speed is to aggressive for the board clocking and or power profiles. To isolate this you will likely have to take screen shots of your bios in advanced mode in AI Tweaker and post them here in the forums. Or you can set the CPU core ratio to sync all cores and the 1 core ratio limit to 40. Then make sure the XMP profile is enabled and lower the DDR4 Frequency to 2800. Set the Core/Cache Voltage to manual mode. Then set the Cpu Core voltage override to 1.24 to start with. Save those settings to the Asus Profile and then save and exit. Try rendering with those and see how the stability is. Most if not all of the CPU's from that platform can easily handle 4GHz at the very least.

Eric

ADK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Eric - WELCOME BACK!!! Your insightful knowledge was missed for sure at this forum during your university "sabbatical" .

Kidtreo - you provide your PC specs but leave off your CPU! What is it, that certainly makes a difference?

Also, regarding CPU core voltage override, I don't feel that one size fits all. For example, if you have a 7820x or a 7900x (8 / 10 core CPU) your vcore could comfortably be over 1.2v. That would be pretty foolish though on even a "silicon lottery" sample of i9-7980xe CPU (Intel i9 18 core model).

Regards,

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man

You have the real mc'coy and the right graphic card. How about the material and the finishing settings. I have a 4960x and 5960x and a 780ti  both Asus Rampage systems and not a single hiccup and produce for my 4 Tv shows every week in Toronto and Vancouver. I have on the systems CS6, CC2015, 2017, and 2018 Kindly use mercury playback engine instead of the open CL  and check the video because you have what it take for a smooth flow..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines