Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

30p vs 24p

Mar 02, 2011 Mar 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In considering which frame rate to standardize on for this series, I'm pondering the benefits, if benefits there are, to 24p vs. 30p. What I see most often in documentation is that 24p gives "that coveted film look."

Of course, I plan on doing some shooting this weekend to see how much of a difference I can tell from an emperical perspective, but I thought I'd see if there was a general sense around here of the whens and wheres to use 24p over 30p. I'm assuming that Sony included this option because there are reasons to choose it. But then, it may just be that Marketing wanted more bells and whistles. One never knows.

Any thoughts on the benefits of 24p?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 09, 2011 Mar 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

> Web pages that shift around on you is doubtless the modern day  equivalent, eh?

> ------------

> why do they do that !! ??????

Wiggly web pages? Maybe they were written by snakes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 07, 2011 Mar 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Imagine yogurt and granola in the theater.

Isn't that standard fare in California?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 07, 2011 Mar 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>  At one time, I had a striper, but it was a fussy

This is what happens when you read too fast. I thought you made reference to a fussy stripper so there was a brief moment while my brain rebooted. Al better now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines