Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Adobe VoCo dead ? , News? 2018!?

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ,

Short story : in Adobe max 2016 we all saw Adobe Voco and from 2016 to 2018 we dont see any news about him!!

is Adobe Voco dead or Adobe wont release him?

No beta , No alpha , nothing about Adobe VoCo!!!

No problem i still can pay 1000$ for 4h voice recording.

If you have anyinfo About Adobe VoCo please leave it here so we can know what happen to him and Stop thinking about him.

GoodByeVOCO​

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

VoCo was presented in an ideas forum - nothing there was guaranteed to be developed or released, neither were any timescales given if they were to be. All sorts of things could get in the way of any of them, and clearly a few have in this case. You may be disappointed, but you're going to have to get over it, I'm afraid.

And if you're doing anything commercially viable, then yes, you budget for voices. If you took somebody else's voice and 'repurposed' it for your own ends, you've effectively sto

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a product, VoVo was never 'alive' in the first place. There is a strong suspicion that if it had been, Adobe Legal would have killed it anyway, as it would leave them wide open to consequential damage liability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i love VOVO name

but if VOCO was never alive why Adobe take maybe years or moths working on one software and then delete it.

and am 100% sure that nothing will happen to Adobe if they giveaway Adobe VoCo because who would use this to do something bad anyway and even if. Adobe Could use some info like passport of the user so if he try to do something not good he will be in big trouble

or the easy way is make adobe VoCo online so Adobe can see everything that users are recording and editing so if someone try something bad he will be in big trouble as well

this is some ideas that i give to Adobe.

But i know that Adobe VoCo will help a lot.

Adobe want make things easy for artist.

for me as a CG artist i need adobe VoCo so i dont need to buy 4h record for over 1000$

ADOBE VOCO is Not dead yet .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

imadl76280154  wrote

but if VOCO was never alive why Adobe take maybe years or moths working on one software and then delete it.

and am 100% sure that nothing will happen to Adobe if they giveaway Adobe VoCo because who would use this to do something bad anyway and even if. Adobe Could use some info like passport of the user so if he try to do something not good he will be in big trouble

or the easy way is make adobe VoCo online so Adobe can see everything that users are recording and editing so if someone try something bad he will be in big trouble as well

this is some ideas that i give to Adobe.

Who said they've been working on it? I see no evidence of that. And apparently there's already something very similar that's available on-line (almost certainly for the reason I've mentioned), and that may also be a significant reason for not developing it. You might want to read the end of this thread: Beta Testing #VoCo

Do you seriously think that none of these 'ideas' have occurred to Adobe? If you do, you are deluding yourself, I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok then Adobe wont help artist like me and i have to buy voice record for over 4h or more with 1000$ only because  i dont have a good voice and no one here to help me out.

You said that adobe didnt work on Adobe VoCo even if not why the guy who made VoCo wont give it away ? or even selling it...

And even if Adobe does not have anything to do with VoCo why even showing it in Adobe Max 2016? and he get the number 1 spot all like it.

its from 2016-2018.

and i still dont know why Adobe VoCo still not release..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VoCo was presented in an ideas forum - nothing there was guaranteed to be developed or released, neither were any timescales given if they were to be. All sorts of things could get in the way of any of them, and clearly a few have in this case. You may be disappointed, but you're going to have to get over it, I'm afraid.

And if you're doing anything commercially viable, then yes, you budget for voices. If you took somebody else's voice and 'repurposed' it for your own ends, you've effectively stolen from them, haven't you? Simply by depriving them of work they might have otherwise got. I think that the other thing that's possibly happened over VoCo is that somebody has realised this, and is somewhat concerned about the possible backlash - and I don't blame them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be true , if i just come and take your voice and put it on my animation movie and and...

and here is why this can not be happen if adobe ....:

1-how do i get your voice?.(maybe from a video on youtube or something)

2-if Adobe VoCo was online like i said and i buy it so i can use it and i use someone else voice without let him know Adobe just can banned me and banned my passport as well so i cant buy it again so its hard for me to do something like that.

3-voices are not payed thing we all got a voice , but if God give you a nice voice and you are selling it for 1000$ 😮

4-the chance of this happen is less then 20% or even 5%.

and i could go to Photoshop and paint Your face and share it of even sell it without let you know then what is the problem of VoCo.

i could go to my 3d software and make someone else animation and sell it without let him know and and and ...

and for Adobe responsibility they just could say (We dont have anyresponsibility for anything that this software can be done with)

this is another idea btw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

imadl76280154  wrote

This may be true

Let's just assume that it is, shall we?

You may not like the idea of Adobe being your 'moral guardian', but they will, given a free choice, take the easiest way to securing any possible situations or scenarios. And in the case of VoCo, that looks like not running into them at all by simply not releasing the software...

The other thing I should mention in this context is that if any of this is substantially incorrect, one of the devs would have been along before now to assure you that it was still going to happen. As of yet, none have. The inference is pretty clear, I'd say...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm then VoCo is not going to happen right?

now am thinking for a way to make a clean voice for my animation.

do you know how?

nah nothing like buy a voice with 1000$ just like i said who cars if i use your voice , do you car that match about your voice. even if i use your voice no one will know that this voice is for SteveG.

but i know that VoCo is going to happen maybe after years ? because if not something else may come and take the Job of VoCo.

if anyone here could just send me the email of take to Adobe team and show them that Adobe VoCo must happen and in 2018 and nothing could happen to adobe or to anyone if they release  VoCo. AdobeMakeVoCo​

for me i work with Adobe Softwares for about 8years and i know that Adobe could not take an idea and keep it for ever.

VoCo will happen sooner or later O_O

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

imadl76280154  wrote

if anyone here could just send me the email of take to Adobe team and show them that Adobe VoCo must happen and in 2018 and nothing could happen to adobe or to anyone if they release  VoCo.

I've already told you the answer - I'm afraid you have to accept it. Emailing them about it would take them away from doing rather more important things, and I'm not encouraging that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry for not watching Adobe News but what do you mean by "doing rather more important things"

if you tell me what important things that adobe are working on now,

i will close this Topic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

imadl76280154  wrote

sorry for not watching Adobe News but what do you mean by "doing rather more important things"

if you tell me what important things that adobe are working on now,

i will close this Topic

Keeping all their two dozen or so software products up to date and bug free as well as developing new features for all of those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and VoCo doesn't constitute a 'feature' as such. Conceptually, it is a somewhat morally dubious audio origination device. And Audition, which is the developers' primary responsibility, doesn't do that, except in the form of tones and noise.

May I suggest that if you intend to work effectively in the business, you learn a bit about creating a sensible business model, and fund your work appropriately, so that it isn't necessary to steal other peoples' means of earning a living. If you are doing anything at all that's commercially viable then you should be able to do this; it's a basic skill, and without it you will fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

am not getting any money for doing this job i need VoCo to make a voice that is not a RoBoT like my voice.

and Adobe is getting pay for fixing bugs and adding new things to it, because we pay for that.

but i will pay for VoCo just like i pay for Photoshop and and .. but is what you mean by saying all of this ,is VoCo wont do anything to Adobe?

Just make your self on my spot i work harder on animation from making 3d models and textures and animations and render and sound Fx and all this and am working alone the only thing still is voice i could not record my voice for 20 character and even if i do that my voice looks like a robot ,

what should i do now delete everything after year of working and learning?

pay more then 2000$ for voice record to 20 character ?

find a people to record they voice? (i cant because no one speak english over here )

please help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

imadl76280154  wrote

am not getting any money for doing this job...

Yeah, but the people you would be depriving an income to have to eat. If you can afford to work for nothing, then that's fine - but you shouldn't expect anybody in the voice-over business to be particularly happy about even the idea of VoCo, never mind the reality of it. All other arguments are moot.

If you want people to record their voices to help you, then you have to persuade them to do it for nothing, in the same way that you are doing yourself. There must be some self-supporting people around who can help you - you just need to ask persuasively in the right place, and really, this forum isn't it. Most of the users here are editors - plus the occasional voice artiste, and those are the people you'd be depriving of an income.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok this Topic has been close.

btw i had another job that am getting pay. and when i say that am not getting any money for doing this job because its my project that i will sell it maybe you dont understand or my English is bad , then they are no way .

you make me change my mind i dont want VoCo anymore i have been waiting for this from 2016 to now and nothing just happen , my dream project get stack at this point , and if i want keep moving i must pay 2000$ or more to record a good voice for my project.

Thanks a lot SteveG for helping me

and Thanks a lot for Adobe for helping me make half of my project.

maybe they will come the day that i will finish it and .....

Forget_AdobeVoCo​

adobe voco​

Rip_AdobeVoCo​

Note : am the only one here who talk about VoCo from 2017 to now haha that mean they all forget it and they all afraid from nothing)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try this before and i can tell you that is so good but the problem is just the quality

but this give you an idea ,

why why Adobe don't release VoCo, it will just help improve everything out.

IS Adobe Wont Improve everything so no one have to think about finding people and pay them to record there voice??

-------------------------------------

forget_adobevoco

adobe voco

rip_adobevoco

-------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say it's bad because it requires less paid work?

That is morally reprehensible reasoning.

Are self-driving cars bad because they destroy many jobs?

NO!

Are harvest robots for strawberries and asparagus and in the future orange / apple harvesters etc. bad because they make human harvesters superfluous?

No!

I think Adobe is just scared.

Google could immediately offer facial recognition to anyone online.

I'm looking for a specific face, and find all the photos on the Internet where it can be found.

Google has locked it in the "poison cabinet".

It takes another small start-up company, which offers a very good online face recognition for everyone.

Sometime later, if that's normal, then Google could put its own detection online.

Same problem with Adobe.

Adobe is afraid for its reputation. A small start-up, just for the purpose of selling such software, the reputation can be no matter.

Adobe needs a predecessor to introduce such software.

The normalized the mood that gets the lazy Tomten.

Then Adobe VoCo can offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SteveG(AudioMasters)​ How on earth do I unsubscribe from this thread?  I'm sick of emails on people whinging on about Voco.

[Discussion is over one year old – locked by Moderator]

Regards, aTomician

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The notion that "reproducing someones voice is stealing" is a reason not to release or use software is nonsense. Photoshop reproduces photos, am I stealing from the photographer, or should I have him re-shoot because the model's hair wasn't quite right? The same can be said of any creative software.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. Its much more likely to be “market surveys indicate we would make a loss on such a product - there is not sufficient demand to make the investment worthwhile”.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sup buddy.I have been observing and painfully sorrowing to hear how you ahve been disadvantaged by the unrelease of Adobe Voco which I believe would enhance your voice over Productions.

I have been doing intensive sound engineering studies and like you yes I struggled tomake progress with my animation works.My country's only one broadcaster couldn't pay me upfront so I was broke for 3 yeasr till I cracked the SOLUTION!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

help meeeee pealseeeeeeeeeee

I really need adobe voco I work with acapellas and voice acting and narrations too so please I beg you D:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoa nothing like being pushy is there!!  this post might help out -  Beta Testing #VoCo  - Product manager for Audition confirms that it's only research and hasn't been planned for release.

imadl76280154​ - Remember Adobe don't have to do what you tell them They are a massive global company that make decisions based on what's best for the company.  They probably just showed VoCo at Adobe Max to see what response there was.  If you have $1000 spare to hire people to do voiceovers for you, you could probably spend a little more, and get some software developers and create your own software - I know companies that have the skills to do this.

Regards, aTomician

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines