Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lounge Production Presents: Joint Efforts Project

Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I don't feel it would be right to take over the thread started by Steven, I start a new one. This thread is going to be dedicated to producing a movie as a result of those voluneers' joint efforts, who are members of Adobe Community.

The main objective for this project is to collaboratively create final product from scratch: from defining the project scope to finally publish a movie somewhere, be it a dedicated website or just YouTube or Vimeo, as we'll define later.

This main objective is not the only project's goal. It is assumed, participants will be able to work on a particular tasks so as to improve their own skills in a desired field via sharing creativity, knowledge and skills.

I also hope we'll gain the Forum moderators' support so as to be able to appropriately update this original post so that others, who might arrive here later, will be able to understand at which stage the project is that time.

Now let's try to define the project scope.

By 15 October we reached our first milestone and defined

PRODUCT SCOPE and PROJECT CONSTRAINTS & QUALITY CRITERIA

Product Scope

Item

Specification

Priority

Movie, The

Genre: TV commercial

Duration: 60 seconds

Quality: Broadcast Safe Luminance & Chrominance

Format: 1080p, 24 fps, H.264, 32/40 Mbps

Compulsory Elements:

- 3D graphics and VFX (SciFi) incorporated into live shots

- Specific consistent look (colour design)

Highest

Dedicated website

Genre: Promotional website

Scope: 2 pages

Compulsory Elements:

- Web animation

- Video streaming

High

Official trailer

Duration: 30 seconds

Medium

Behind the scene movie

Genre: Documentary

Duration: 2 minutes

Compulsory Elements:

- Short interviews with the project participants

- VFX breakdown

Medium

Talk show appearance

Duration: 30 seconds

Low

Poster

Genre: 16 x 9 Billboard

Quantity: 1 sample

Format: 1920 x 1080 pix, PNG

Genre: 4 x 3 Affiche

Format: 1080 x 810 pix, PNG

High

Print ads

Genre: Glossy magazine ad, Front cover

Format: Full page, Page-proof PDF

Genre: Newspaper ad, Multi-column print

Format: ¼ Page, Page-proof PDF             

Medium

Article

Genre: Review

Format: Page-proof PDF, ~500 words

Medium

Brief Report on Collaborative Tools

Genre: Review

Quantity: 1 article

Format: Page-proof PDF

Highest

Project Constraints & Quality Criteria

- 24 December 2013 is a strict deadline;

- All media used in final product, from sound to 3D model textures, must be created by the project participants. Utilising stock media in final product is not allowed;

- Missing media or incomplete elements must be replaced with placeholders, white noise or subtitles, which explain what is missing (e.g. 'nice music is playing on the background' or 'nice colour grading applied here' etc.);

- The project is accepted as successful in terms of quality control, if no less than 90% of all planned work is complete. The overall progress is calculated as the following ratio:

(SUM OF COMPLETE ELEMENTS MULTIPLIED BY THEIR WEIGHTS) / (SUM OF ALL PLANNED ELEMENTS MULTIPLIED BY THEIR WEIGHTS)

- The project is accepted as successful in terms of attractiveness to external audience, if we reach 1 000 hits within three months after final product release, where

100 hits = 100 website landing page visits = 10 visits of 2nd page = 10 movie views = 1 movie download.

The following hits distribution is expected:

600 hits within 1st month after release;

250 hits within 2nd month after release;

150 hits within 3rd month after release.

Discussion on the next project phase, planning tasks list and obtaining required resources, starts at comment #84.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 330 Replies 330
Guide ,
Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

=========

I will mock up some slides as placeholders for the final images and each scene will get its own phrase.

1. You've seen the headlines!

2. You've watched the News Reels!

3. You've heard from the scientists!

4. Now!

5. See the Movie!!!

============

Might as well go for it Steve....we're gonna need a VO no matter what...might as well hear what you sound like...

The frame with the scientist ...will have the person saying something like " This is the Greatest Discovery In Human History ! "...so try to fit your VO in there somehow.. probably before the scientist begins to speak that line ....

Like we could put the scientist on screen with a sub that says " DR. CHARLES SCHIVER, PhD  MIT Physics Chairman "... and so imagine people see his image and are reading that sub.. maybe it takes about 3 seconds....for people to see the guy and read the sub... so see if you can fit your VO in that time slot... AFTER that he'll say his line " greatest discovery etc " )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My sister-in-law might have a white lab coat. She is getting her doctorate in the medical field soon. Maybe she would be willing to act the part of the Scientist on Thanksgiving day when they come to dinner?

Or maybe she could loan the lab coat to one of her daughters to play the part.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow, that would be great.. you got a library or something smart looking to use as background ??  office type space ? something like that ??

have her be on screen using a prop, like looking at a file of papers or something....to give us the time we need for audience to read sub....( plus add a couple secs anyway before you call action....on action she reads the file ( wear glasses if possible for wardrobe  ), count to 3 secs after you call action and give her a hand signal, and she delivers the line... then wait a few beats before you cut.. just to have some room....

Do about 10 takes...by the time she does 6 she will be comfortable and getting into the routine...

dont mean first take wont be best.. but its good to do takes anyway...

in real world , when you get the best take.. there is always another one " for safety "....in case something bad happens to the first good one...and I dont mean hair in the gate stuff...

Your VO will be in that first 3 secs so time that if you have to so it fits your VO and leave a half beat before ....so we have room to do cuts ( transitions etc )...know what I mean ??

ps..

we want it to look like a news crew or something shot that ...so dont go nuts trying to make it look like a 'movie' type shot....

sheesh. another edit...

has to be on tripod but lighting can be like news crew...you know..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a library in this house. I was going to do it all greenscreen, getting just the waist up so as not to worry about test tubes, or books and papers. The labcoat and the glasses, hopefully with a pocket protector, will have to sell the shot unless you can get an old professor looking fellow to act the part? I thought I might have her hold a clipboard.

As you said, it will be Thanksgiving, so if I can get three good shots of each scene I will be lucky. We don't want a scientist looking too "natural" in front of the camera. We want it to look like a scientist in front of the news crew, not a TV scientific commentator on a news channel. Right?

Besides, I am willing to bet that my sister-in-law will nail it on the first or second try. She is, as I said, getting her doctorate and if it was a health related issue we were discussing, she might be the kind of person that would actually handle the interview for her hospital. I just need to practice with the lighting and camera settings well prior to the day of the shoot to make sure it can be set up quickly and efficiently. I think I can get my wife to stand in for my sister-in-law to work on the lighting.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 27, 2013 Oct 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

able123 wrote:

these are frames ready for SFX modeling

Steven L. Gotz wrote:

I have limited experience with the "see through" touch screens that seem to pop up in SciFi movies all the time...  And corporate work does not require shooting images of someone pretending to use a screen in mid air to control something.

So?

I'm sorta running out of ideas..

Really? You sorta bring them repeatedly, but somehow think they can't be used in a stroybord because they are not about a gold paper, they are about helicopter, which you're not going to buy. Get out of the box, you warthog, and bring two more storyboards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think theres no reason why the pryramid cant be transparent.. which solves a ton of problems...

EggWithPyramid.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

making the flying saucer in this cavern would be a very big project ... gotta use imagination and just kinda imagine this really big spaceship in there...

like maybe 100 times the size of that egg... ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, 100x is ridiculous.. lets say 50 X ???

hehe.. its almost beer thirty !  I am going to drink a coors lite about the size of THAT EGG !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fuzzy, go to sleep you hedgehog !

hehe.. tommorow is another good day...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fuzzy.. I like the xmas story...and here's what I get about that as far as the helicopter goes...

=============

OK, let's try to step aside for a moment. Let's imagine we are not making a Product, we just want to buy a Christmas gift for a kid. We need a box to accommodate all things – this is something what unites everything and makes a gift a gift. We decided to present the kid a helicopter – this is our primary item (Movie, The)

===========

So my storyboard is  the helicopter...as far as it goes toward making that product. to put in the box. right ?

now... you're confusing me here cause I am storyboarding the helicopter ( lets say the blueprint and stuff to make that product to put in box ??

==========

Really? You sorta bring them repeatedly, but somehow think they can't be used in a stroybord because they are not about a gold paper, they are about helicopter, which you're not going to buy

==========

so I am buying the helicopter...am trying to make the blueprint to make the helicopter .. right ? isnt that the storyboard ??

The gold paper and box etc is the project and so on.. the larger picture of the overall project and delivery etc... right ??

anyway, so far we got my storyboard and your storyboard and somehow we should maybe just vote on which one more closely resembles something we are able to do now. As the helicopter.

Mine is way easier than yours. IMO.

So I vote that we use mine.

Your modeling stuff fits into at least 2 places.

Once you decide what you can accomplish by dec 14 we can further adjust storyboard to make that happen.

Just get my backstory in your head ... and imagine what that is..and then let us know what you're thinking about what you want to do.  Then we fit it into our helicopter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is turning into a very interesting view of the " business " of making movies etc...

I know for a fact that its a business.

I also know that many times ( 99 % of time ) those who actually are at the TOP of making product and distribution etc  do many things before looking at any script.

For example, stars are chosen to act in the helicopter. they may or may not get on board right away..due to agents and money and points etc.

Then the distribution guys yap about that end of things ( wrapping the box in nice paper and ribbons )

Then the other peripheral things come into play ( media push to get articles and reviews and critics on board even before the helicopter is made or that script is read by actors etc )

Most of the action in the beginning is about who had money to invest and become 'producers' and who is gonna get what in returns if the helicopter can actually fly and excite the people ( audience ) and get money from them to play with the helicopter.

This project is doing some nice things as far as following the course of some of this stuff goes...

You will notice ( anyone who stumbles on this thread ) that nothing yet is really dealt with in terms of real quality of the helicopter. I can be plastic or it can be computer generated...

nobody seems to really care. Is it a fun story ? well... that's why some writers are hired more often than others.. but all they do is try to build a helicopter...they have nothing to do with the package or wrapping paper or ribbons...

strange business....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

report on collaboration tools.. at this point...

the zoho thing ( free version ) is not working well. As I designate things as being worked on or add information ( images etc ) it seems to just stall.. I no longer have graph or much of the original information that was posted by originator of that " account " ( fuzzy ).  When I look at dashboard, tasks, milestones etc. I get less information than originally put up there by Fuzzy...it just isn't working very well...sad to say...but it is a nice try on zoho part.

what I do find very helpful is this forum thread, personal emails, dropbox and the XL files fuzzy made and put into dropbox.

In other words, the dropbox is like an ftp site where you can share files and info..and that's great.

This forum thread is also really cool...cause its sometimes more immediate.. you can sorta refine things here related to things like XL files etc.

hope this helps.. as the overall critique of tools is kinda good to have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I've noticed is that the time difference between members of collaborative work is a big deal sometimes. Depends what it is exactly..but basically if people live on the opposite side of the planet its sometimes hard to deal with.

For example , you are up and awake and ready to work and you submit something for consideration ( story board etc ) ...and you're sorta chomping at the bit to keep working...you now have sent your storyboard to someone who is sleeping...and vica versa...

That's kinda bizarre... but I guess if you get used to it and work with tools that help deal with that ( in my case the XL files fuzzy made, emails and this forum thread..) its not terrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my storyboard is  the helicopter...as far as it goes toward making that product. to put in the box. right ?

Normally wrong, unless you really want to pass a gold paper off for a gift, putting it into unwrapped box.

The helicopter is your 'backstory'. Actually just intangible smell of the helicopter.

Your storyboard is for gold paper, for its pattern.

That's not to say we're doing something wrong with our Product. That's just a metaphor for better understanding of what we're doing. A gold paper does require a storyboard as well!

FUZZY.. .can you do a model like this ???

I can create a simple model like this:

Lounge. 3D Martini Coctail.jpg

And animate it like this (stereoscopic 3D test):

Or a bit more complex one (anaglyph glasses required):

ВЕГА 122С.png

I can deal with some physics, but that is time consuming because I'm not quite skilled in. As I already mentioned, I won't be able to create a rigged body animation within this project time frame.

so far we got my storyboard and your storyboard and somehow we should maybe just vote on which one more closely resembles something we are able to do now.

Mine is way easier than yours. IMO.

So I vote that we use mine.

Your modeling stuff fits into at least 2 places.

1. I still can't see where is a room for what Steven asked about manipulating virtual touch screens.

2. You vote on your gut feelings about perceptual complexity of the work as a whole. I don't like this approach because of two reasons:

- it does not rely on our actual resources, 'cos we don't know yet what is feasible and what is not;

- it does not assume accepting a challenge.

Therefore I propose the following:

1. If you're stuck with other storyboard versions, just bring your existing one, but time it with takes. Envisage a room for VFXs for Steven. It shouldn't necessarily be a pilot manipulating spaceship controls, it could be your scientist or his assistant in their lab.

2. We discuss feasibility of every take. It might appear we (actually just you two) will be unable to shoot something, which look simple at a first glance (like shooting a chicken, for example).

3. Then we will analyse and maybe end up with a mixed storyboard.

Now I'm going to do some coding, because I'm already 3 days behind my initial schedule. Tomorrow I'll be out helping in a pool (I mean overnight, from 29 to 30 October). So, please, give us your timed storyboard(s) by 16:00 GMT today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good morning fuzzy !

wow, those are great 3d animations and pics.. I looked at the flapping butterfly and the ken burns effect.. they are really great too !

Now, let me get this straight.. you I think said you'd like to do 3d sci fi stuff.. so at this point you can in fact do a 3d flying saucer right ?? 
Can you make one with the earth in the background.. where it moves similar to what the drawing up there says about the model on the armature ?  Can you make it look like metal like the drink shaker ( mixer ) you have in your sample.. and make it look like the shape I made a drawing of ???  That way it looks a little like a cooking egg...the flying saucer shape will submliminally resemble a cooking sunny side up egg...

I have not heard Steve say anything about control screens.. I have no clue what that is about.

Assuming that my last storyboard is accepted now by everyone ( I would like to hear everyone say " yes " that is good to use so I know for sure ).

The next step would be to look at each frame and imagine how to make it as good as possible ....and only with consideration of what can really be DONE by each of us.

In other words, I will not make a recommendation to improve some frame if I personally cannot do what I suggest and can do it by DEC 14.

I suggest we all approach the embellishment of this storyboard the same way.

After hearing about ideas concerning the improvements I can then make a finished storyboard with time indicated...The finished storyboard will probably be a vertical thing with frames on left side of paper and notes and descriptions on the right side...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey Steve, whats up with transluscent control panels ??? You wanna do something with some special effect with some control panel ???

Also, just look at that last storyboard and think how anything can be improved etc... and keep within realm of what we can really DO... and give me feedback.

After I get everyon'e feeback and find out if fuzzy can do the 3d spaceship with movement ... I can start the finished storyboard with timing etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, I know you know this already, but just a reminder...

If you can fit people into a vertical frame instead of horizontal frame you can get MORE info in the frame.. for keying... just keep in mind...

you end up rotating back to horizontal and downscaling in post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this cool idea.. about text in beginning...

It's kinda like the big bang thing..where theres this sorta pinpoint of blinding white light and energy explosion ...but in this case its a black frame...then it blows up to white ( tv safe like maybe 240 about ? )...revealing the black text of the words ( what, came, first...etc )...so that the crashspaceEGG noise ( wav file in drop box ) that follows ( along with shot of planet etc )..fits in better...

kinda like theres this flash...followed by the BANG ...know what I mean ??

Dont know if it will work right but I'm gonna try to go for it....

shouldnt effect timing...

embelishedWhatCameFirst.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need for the touch screens. I just thought it would help with the SciFi theme, but this thing took off in a different direction and has plenty of "SciFi" tone to it already.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming that my last storyboard is accepted now by everyone ( I would like to hear everyone say " yes " that is good to use so I know for sure ).

If you didn't get it yet, I repeat it again, 'No'.

And I tried my best to explain why in my previous comment, so, PLEASE, revise it.

I have not heard Steve say anything about control screens.. I have no clue what that is about.

PLEASE, revise my comment #258, in which I cited Steven. Find his original comment in this discussion, if need be. Check out e.g. this VideoCopilot tutorial to grasp an idea of what it might be.

And, PLEASE, stop handing out compliments to me, I'm not a girl, I'm fully aware of where my skills are, in which fields they are quite advanced and in which are rather amateurish, hence those compliments are sooner enrage me... I hope this note doesn't hurt your feelings...

The next step would be to look at each frame and imagine how to make it as good as possible ....and only with consideration of what can really be DONE by each of us.

That is correct, and that is exactly what I would really like to do today after 16:00 GMT, i.e. look at every single take in every storyboard and estimate they feasibility one by one. Then either find a workaround or end up with a mixed storyboard out of feasible takes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fuzzy,  The only shots that work for the story that your storyboard had was the shots in the theatre and nobody can shoot those... so they are dead. The chicken and the eggs cooking dont tell the story and superfluous. We are not asking the question, we are giving the answer. We are saying the egg came first. We dont need to see chickens to say that. If the audience is too dumb to put chickens with eggs in their heads they just wont get it.

we dont have a flying saucer crashing on earth in our story, so your frames about that dont work.

a man walking on the beach doesnt say anything except that a man is walking on the beach...and finding a small egg is not helpful ...

I've put drawings and pictures up here and never heard from you one word about what they depict or whether you like or dislike the ideas ( poster and egg in cave)

So you do what you want...but I'm should take some time off , as it seems nearly impossible to work on this with you sometimes... and I'm getting annoyed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main issue, which hinders our progress, as I see it, is communication. Because of time difference we have quite limited time span within a day to chat in real time. So as to utilise this short interval wisely, we should use it to discuss what is really important by this time.

We may have completely opposite views on what is important at the moment. That's why relevant feedback is extremely important. Saying, 'That's cool! I like it!', just to find out a couple of days later that in reality that was not cool at all, in fact hateful or not desired, does not constitute relevant feedback.

An example of relevant feedback is a question about Christmas gift metaphor understanding: whether you now go buy a helicopter. Because of the feedback relevance I can see I didn't succeed with my message and have to rephrase it. The sooner we get such feedback, the bigger chance we move faster in understanding each other.

The next thing, we may have better luck, if we honestly do our 'homeworks' while we are not available to live communication, and use our short time interval to discuss and build on result of our 'homeworks' accomplishing. Rod, you started asking right questions about feasibility, but in my point of view in a bit wrong time, and here is I think why. We already failed with that approach: we came up with two storyboard versions, we sort of approved one of them, but the next day discovered we can not implement our decision. We lost several days not because this approach can't work under other circumstances, but because we have short time span to discuss and make decisions. That's why we need to utilise another approach: come up with several scenario first while doing our 'homework' - this way we have dispersal field if something goes wrong with one of them.

I've put drawings and pictures up here and never heard from you one word about what they depict or whether you like or dislike the ideas ( poster and egg in cave)

And the reason for that they were not related to a storyboard, which we were discussing. They are about either your 'backstory', for which we were not elaborating a storyboard, or about a poster, which represents something, which is not going to be on screen.

...The only shots that work for the story that your storyboard had was...

And that means you miss my message entirely: I don't care of WHAT we will be shooting, I don't care if it could be 'my' storyboard or 'yours'. I'd sooner be happy if it were 'yours', if you didn't ignore what I was asking about regard to tuning it.

If you need some time off, just take some time off. I won't be available until 31 October anyway (about which I kindly informed you in advance).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the schedule I assigned to myself, today is the website release deadline.

Lounge. Gantt Chart. Website.jpg

Since loungeproductionpresents.com domain was deleted, I deployed it on my free test domain and tested in Chrome, FireFox, IE10, Opera and Safari.

I wasn't creating website design because it would require collaboration, in which our group failed. All my efforts were concentrated around developing custom skin for IFrame API YouTube player.

Although learning JavaScript took much longer than I anticipated, and I was unable to complete YouTube player custom skin development yet, I now feel quite comfortable with JavaScript and HTML5, and particularly with HTML5 ‹canvas› tag.

Remaining subtasks for player skin are the following:

- testing full screen mode (I started doing that and bumped over glitch in code, hence just some debugging required);

- find a way of embedding a custom font, which is supposedly not installed on end-user machine (that will allow to display total and elapsed time of a video clip);

- overcome html positioning (probably, the most difficult subtask in the list: I've been struggling with positioning player controls over the player for a couple of days, dabbling with z-index property, and get either controls below the player or controls above the player, but then the player itself becomes not centred and is pushed to either left or right side depending on a browser.

Since there is quite a small probability that this discussion will resurrect as a collaborative project, I haven't decided yet whether to complete the player skin first and then switch to 3D modelling, or switch to 3D modelling now and then try to complete the player skin by 24 December if some float appears. It doesn't matter actually, I just keep some of your entertained.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need anything, let me know. I am perfectly willing to help out, I just didn't want the responsibility of organzing anything. I am just too busy lately.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steven, I need your help in shooting, sound recording, creating VFX and compositing etc. But for the beginning we need to decide on a storyboard. Here is some variations based on what was already discussed:

1. 'Occasional discovery' storyline: someone was walking along the beach, decided to pass through shore thickets, stumbled over something, lost his footing, fell down and when was trying to get up suddenly discovered something looking like an egg surface.

2. 'Indiana Jones' storyline: an explorer hunting for artefacts went to Shark Bay, found hidden cave and a giant egg inside; a curious scientist is playing with small egg model, which is flying in the air, then suddenly saw a journalist came to interview her (him) and turns to the journalist.

Lounge. Storyboard (2013 Nov 08) .jpg

Now you need to tell whether you like the plot in general and if so, whether you will be able to shoot

FOR BOTH STORYLINES
On location.
- Seashore and a person on a seashore (either a tourist or an explorer);
- Crowd of people exiting a movie theatre;
- The same theatre for a clean plate.

Green screen.
- A frowning girl or a lady  face close-up (cinema visitor);
- A dropping a potato chips guy or a man face close-up (cinema visitor);
- A couple of people in profile (cinema visitors);
- A person manipulating virtual controls face close-up (a pilot);
- A person manipulating virtual controls hand close-up (a pilot);
- The same girl or the lady saying, 'WOW! I've never seen anything like this!' after the cinema show;
- The same guy or a man saying, 'That was amazing!' after the cinema show.

FOR 'OCCASIONAL DISCOVERY'
On location.
- A piece of steep slope or a broken soil (which led to the discovery).

Either in front of green screen or on location.
- The person passing through some thickets (a tourist);
- The same person simulating the falling down and an attempt to get up later.

FOR 'INDIANA JONES'
On location.
- The person verifying a map hand close-up (an explorer);

Green screen.
- Random light beam wiggling in a dark;
- The person with a light in his hand middle or a wide shot (explorer entering a cave. Creating in 3D this cave alone will introduce a challenge);
- The explorer finding a place for his foot for the next step on a sleepy slope close-up;
- The explorer hand clutching a rock to support the next step close-up;
- The explorer head rising up behind a rock;
- The explorer face smiling;
- A person (a scientist) pretending she/he is dabbling with an egg, which is flying in the air;
- The scientist saying, 'This is a great discovery';
- The scientist assistant manipulating some virtual controls.

If you don't like any of those storyboards above, I'll have to come up with something else. If you do, roughly estimate how long shooting every shot might take.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines