• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Adobe SIgn be set to IGNORE existing fields in an Acrobat document?

Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a complex form that's been completed by multiple parties in a team and now needs to be sent for approval by others via an Adobe Sign workflow.  Trouble is, Adobe Sign re-examines all the fields and takes the Signer through every fillable field before they get to the Signature page. 

Adobe Sign is also flagging format issues with some fields - dates, for example, because it's expecting all dates in US format MMM dd, YY when our fields are set to the Australian standard of dd-MMM-yy.  There's also a mismatch between the way Acrobat formats for fields containing percentages works compared to Adobe Sign.  All of which could be overcome if I could find a way to get existing fields ignored.

Is there some way to tell Adobe Sign to ignore existing document fields?  That would save a whole lot of heartache.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

It turns out there are two ways to achieve what I was trying to do, but neither of them are particularly elegant.
The first, and probably quickest, solution is to save the form with fillable fields using SAVE AS OTHER from the File Menu, then choosing OPTIMIZED, which flattens form fields.

The second way is to edit the form fields in PREPARE FORM mode, click Read Only and Click Locked.  But that would be terribly tedious in a multiple-page form with lots of fillable form fields.  That option would

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to bump this to see if anyone has had any new ideas about this question?  Have spoken to a number of Adobe Support personnel via the phone and online support, they have had some connectivity issues leading to line drop and over several calls have been unable to resolve the matter.  Competing product HelloSign makes ignoring existing fields very easy.  I feel there must be a solution, but I'm struggling to find one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turns out there are two ways to achieve what I was trying to do, but neither of them are particularly elegant.
The first, and probably quickest, solution is to save the form with fillable fields using SAVE AS OTHER from the File Menu, then choosing OPTIMIZED, which flattens form fields.

The second way is to edit the form fields in PREPARE FORM mode, click Read Only and Click Locked.  But that would be terribly tedious in a multiple-page form with lots of fillable form fields.  That option would allow the document owner to unlock those fields, however, if the document subsequently required re-editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! One more tip: Within the PDF Optimizer popup, we need to choose Discard Objects > Flatten Form Fields. We could also create and save a preset for future use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best way is after you are done filling all the fields go to "Print Document" and instead of selecting printer choose PDF (or print to PDF) assuming you have to print to PDF (I have adobe suite on my computer and I think that was part of it.) Now you have essentially a scanned version of the documents in PDF.  Use that document to request signatures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much.  I don't even want to admit how much time I wasted trying to figure this out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was by far the EASIEST way to resolve this issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines