Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Horizontal scrolling in XD 30.0 on Windows

Engaged ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated XD (30) but can't make the horizontal scroll feature to work

I can make the vertical scroll to work (with mouse scroll when previewing), but the horizontal doesn't work. Am I missing something?

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Hi everyone,

I understand how you feel.

As Kenneth pointed out, there is a current limitation with the scroll working only using a trackpad in the browser. The team is aware of this limitation, and will be addressing it very soon in a future update. 

To share the horizontal scroll with developers through design specs, create an artboard with just the horizontal scroll and share it with them.

For more info, see https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-scroll-groups.html

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. In the latest dot release(30.2.12.3), we have added the ability to scroll or drag horizontally on Windows using a mouse while previewing on the XD app. The Click and drag support on Web browser would be available in the future releases meanwhile to scroll horizontally on the browser you can either scroll using a two-finger gesture on the track-pad or pressing and holding the mouse wheel or shift + scroll wheel.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Hi All,

Good news for you all. 🙂

The click and drag support on web browser is available now. Please feel free to update the discusssion if you face any issues.

We are here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

New feature of scroll groups doesnt work like they should in my opinion.

Vertical one only works with mouse scroll even on mobile artboard instead of mouse drag.

Horizontal one does not work at all.

Nice and helpful feature of Adobe can make it actually work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It actually works if you preview on a phone and use your finger to drag, or if you use a stylus / graphic tablet.

They know about the limitation and said they will be adding the option to drag using the mouse in a future update, so we can just wait at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also works if you go into inspect mode on chrome and set it to a mobile profile.   Not helpful for a desktop mockup but its a workaround that i'll be using for my mobile designs to be able to use this feature while they work on a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vertical scroll group doesn't work on W10. I'm all up to date on both Windows and XD. I've tried this feature on two different innstallments as well. It just doesn't work. (Horizontal scroll group works.)

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That's strange behavior as we have seen problem with horizontal scroll on windows machine but not with vertical scrolls. I tested vertical scroll at my end on windows machine and it worked fine. Would you mind confirming if you're following the same process as mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-scroll-groups.html? If yes, could you please share a short video for better understanding? 

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

im also experiencing problems with the group scroll, ive downloaded the Demo file "Notes-App-Demo.xd" and the vertical scrolling is working fine but the horizontal scroll is not working - at all, ive also noticed the bunch of items ive selected as a group scroll with text, the fonts looks strange, kind of blury and not clear.

please advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm doing it right according to instructions. I have several team mates experiencing the same issues on their machines and if you read youtube comments there are a plethora of Windows users experiencing errors with this scroll feature. I also have issues with the same demo file that is mentioned here, when viewing theres no horizontal scroll and the text within a scroll group is very jagged and weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a current limiation on Windows where the scoll works only with a trackpad. The team will be addressing this limitation soon.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm, I cannot even do the horizontal scrolls on windows with my touchpad. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amy,

We are sorry to hear you're unable to scroll horizontally on windows using  touch pad. Could you please try click and drag with the help of your two finger on touch pad and see if it's working?

We also have a similar discussion happening here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/horizontal-scrolling-not-working-in-xd-30-0-on-windows/td-p/... please share your results.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a stationary. No touch pad here. I have a mouse. Please make sure this feature works with a traditional pointer tool. For your interest I went to get a laptop to check with a touch pad but it didn't work there either. It's a pretty new Dell running W10. All up to date. Looks like yet another XD bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2019 Sep 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The featuer Scroll Groups introduced in XD 30.0 now allows you to create scroll groups that can scroll horizontally, vertically, and in both directions! For more info, see https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-scroll-groups.html

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your implementation of scrolling is really, really, really poor. Falling behind Figma...Get your priorities straight and fix this!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate, I got the same problem, Did you found the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Adobe XD 30.0, you can easily prototype Horizontal, Vertical, and Multi-dimensional scrolls. For more information, see https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-scroll-groups.html

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran, good morning

After installing Adobe XD update 30.0.12, in addition to the new stacking functionality having completely disappeared from the interface, the horizontal scrolling function is still inoperative.
What happened?
Help me please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing an issue with horizontal scrolling on Windows. The horizontal scrolling feature is inoperative in preview mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same!
My guess is that to use the horiztonal scroll, we need an horizontal scrollwheel/trackpad to scroll horizontaly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In design specs, use the trackpad to check the scroll effects. The capability to click and drag will be introduced in a future update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who comes across this later:
If you don't have a trackpad for vertical and horizontal scrolling, you can move the screen around by clicking and dragging the scroll wheel. Took me far too long and way too many Google searches to figure this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesnt work here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many bugs:

• Horizontal scroll on Windows (browser or preview mode);
  • Not showing fixed objects, ex (mobile nav) (test links on iPhones): necessary change the zoom of the device;
  • Not showing float objects (preview);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love the new update with the scroll group features.  Saves a ton of time.

My questions is this...

Is there a way to enable a click and drag when previewing your prototype?

My touch screen works and the horizontal scroll wheel on my mouse works but trying to click and drag to scroll doesn't.  When sending this out for testing, other users may not have a touch screen or horizontal scroll wheel.

It took me a minute to figure this out and though I was doing something wrong in creating a scoll group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I updated Adobe XD but the scroll group functionality doesn't work in Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say, it does not work, does it not work in Design Specs or the Preview Mode? Is it part of the limitations mentioned in this doc https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-scroll-groups.html?

If it is, these limitations are going to be addressed very soon in a future update.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines