• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unusable XD prototypes in browser

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The prototypes in browser are unusable because no scrollbars and no drag option.

The client can`t share (email) his prototype with other investors because these options miss.
If they haven`t mouse and middle button scroll but only laptop they can`t use the prototype in browser with keyboard and touchpad only.
The mobile device prototype can`t be used too because no drag option. Invision even provides phone image as prototype container in browser which dissapears in real mobile testing.

Check preview:

Adobe XD CC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aoskachkov,

I tried to open your prototype, I am able to scroll it down. Please make sure that your pointer is on over the prototype while you are trying to scroll down the prototype. If you are trying to use it with the keyboard, please click on the prototype first. Page up, Page down, arrow keys are working fine.

I would be testing it out on mobile with my colleague and I would get back to you with the same. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anul_Saini ,
Thanks for the reply.

Yes my pointer is above the prototype then I focused it by click and can scroll but wth mouse scroll button only because no scrollbars. If this prototype is opened in laptop no chance without mouse. The arrows work but in Chrome (Safari too maybe) but they don`t work in Firefox and Internet Explorer.

I did the next tests which I described in other post too (1920 with because this is the resolution of my PSDs and I don`t wanted to resize them because this is test only):

1. This is a prototype with artboard 1920 and viewport 1080 (1920 x 1080).
Adobe XD CC
No scrollbars here. I need them because my client wants to send the prototype (not this but other) to his investors and don`t know how they will open it - browsers, resolutions, with mouse, without mouse etc. Scrollbars are needed.

2. This is a prototype with artboards with different height and viewport height is same as the artboard (no viewports). Here are the scrollbars but see what hapens if you click on the links. The prototype doesn`t work as prototype and scale till get the real size. This looks ugly.
Adobe XD CC

3. This is a prototype with artboards in same height and no viewports. Here are the scrollbars but this isn`t right fix because some of the pages has too much space from the bottom. The page reach bottom and continue to scroll because the artboards are in the same height. (scroll to bottom of every page)
Adobe XD CC

--------------This is the same prototype in inVision and works perfectly. Without white borders around, with scrollbars. It looks like real web site.
                    https://invis.io/2AOXO4U7KYJ

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aoskachkov, thanks for sharing all these details, it was very helpful. Could you please upload the prototype to CC or Dropbox and share the link in a private message with me? It would be great if we may test things here at our end for better understanding.

I would also like to know what changes have you made in file 2 & 3 that the scroll bar appeared there. Please share your screen resolution as well.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution about his issue here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aoskachkov, sorry for the delay, I guess you figured it out already. The deal here is with the viewport, I would request you to keep the viewport as per hight of the artboard and you'll see the scrollbar. I have tried it on multiple prototypes and it should work your you as well.

Sorry once again for the delay in response. Please update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atul,
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, there are the scrollbars if the viewports are with the same height of the artboards.

I described this above:

"2. This is a prototype with artboards with different height and viewport height is same as the artboard (no viewports). Here are the scrollbars but see what hapens if you click on the links. The prototype doesn`t work as prototype and scale till get the real size. This looks ugly."

Just click on the links here:
Adobe XD CC

I provided yoiu the works files also in the private message some times ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem.
The page scrolls vertically by using the keyboard. 
But the scrollbar itself is missing/hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a scrollbar but on my screen it's EXTREMELY pale - near impossible to see unless it's on a white area

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines