Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw Canon 6D mkii

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I have a Canon 6D mkii and when I try and open the CR2 files through Camera Raw (once in Bridge) it says it cannot open them.  I have tried downloading the latest Plug-ins (9.12.1 and 9.1.1) and still no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

The 6D II was first supported with Camera Raw 9.12 released July 2017:

Camera Raw 9.12 now available | Adobe Blog

Your mention of ACR 9.1.1 suggests the use of CS6 which stopped being updated with ACR 9.1.1 back in July 2015 and there are no new updates for new cameras or bugs or anything else.

Camera Raw 9.1.1 is now available

You can either upgrade to the current CC subscription-only versions of Photoshop CC and Camera Raw (currently 10.3) or you can use the free DNG Converter 9.12 or newer to cre

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That version of Camera Raw is only compatible with Photoshop CS6. What version of Photoshop are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 6D II was first supported with Camera Raw 9.12 released July 2017:

Camera Raw 9.12 now available | Adobe Blog

Your mention of ACR 9.1.1 suggests the use of CS6 which stopped being updated with ACR 9.1.1 back in July 2015 and there are no new updates for new cameras or bugs or anything else.

Camera Raw 9.1.1 is now available

You can either upgrade to the current CC subscription-only versions of Photoshop CC and Camera Raw (currently 10.3) or you can use the free DNG Converter 9.12 or newer to create DNGs from your CR2 files and those DNGs but not the CR2s will open in the older software.  The latest DNG Converter software is available on Adobe's updates page:

Adobe software and product updates

The CC Photography plan, currently the most cost effective way to get the current Photoshop, can be subscribed to, here:

Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan | Professional photo editing software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, This is my first time on this blog.  I'm writing to see if ssprengel or anyone else could answer my question.  I have a Canon 6D that I'd like to use with CS6 extended (which I have yet to buy).  Would I then have to download the Adobe camera raw 9.12.1 or download the 9.12.1 dng converter?  Where could I do this safely?  

Thanks for any advice.  Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that if buying CS6 extended, it come with the default camera raw 8.4 plug-in.  Seeing I only have the original 6D, version 8.4 will be fine since the 6D only needs version 7.3.  Sorry to post on such an old blog with an indirectly related question.

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"if buying CS6 extended,"

You cannot BUY CS6 from Adobe! If you buy from a private seller you will have great difficulty with Transfer Application, and even then you may not be able to Activate the software to enable its use.

The Activation Servers are being turned off for CS versions-

Adobe Creative Suite archive

eBay sales of CS6 may be scams or virus malware infected.

Transfer an Adobe product license

There are really only two answers to using Photoshop & Camera Raw-

1) Subscribe to the Photography Plan (20GB)

$9.99 PHOTOGRAPHY PLAN (USA)

2) Use the DNG Converter (ie. IF, and only IF, you have activated, working, 'legacy' software.)

DNG LEGACY SUPPORT

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines