• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create scorm to be uploaded in docebo lms

Dec 20, 2013 Dec 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am new to Captivate, I have created a scrom file and tried to upload it into Docebo LMS it keeps on giving me this response

The required imsmanifest.xml file not found or is not in the zip root.  Example: Correct zip [/imsmanifest.xml], Incorrect zip  [scormfolder/imsmanifest.xml]. Please check the format of your SCORM  package. If the problem persists,  report the error message to the help  desk team

This file is avaialble in the zip folder

I have used two machines to do it with the same result

I have cleared the cash with the same results,

I have contacted Docebo and they tested the file and its uploading

Are we doing something wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 21, 2013 Dec 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you getting Captivate to ZIP your SCORM package when you publish or are you "zipping" it yourself. The best option is to allow Captivate to do it when you publish as the files are all in the proper locations then.

I have uploaded lots of SCORM packages from Captivate 7 directly to Docebo without any issues.

www.cpguru.com - Adobe Captivate Widgets, Tutorials, Tips and Tricks and much more..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw your post about Docebo and Captivate - we recently settled on Docebo as an eLearning system and are evaluating Captivate as a way to produce courseware for it. Really having a lot of trouble with this same error message, with both Tin Can and SCORM. Here are some of the things I am trying to do to minimize problems:

• Cut down a slideshow (with voiceover) from 15 to 5 slides with a two-question quiz.
  • Publishing with Tin Can output (or SCORM)
  • Exporting in HTML5 format with SWF turned off
  • Allowing Captivate to create the zip file (but have also tried without)

There are so many settings and options within Captivate that I'm afraid it's simply that I'm not hitting on the proper combination. Was hoping you could offer some insight.

Thanks!

Mike Skinner

thefieldistheworld@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, just in case anyone else runs into this problem, here have been 3 problems for me that have caused this, and their fixes.

1. There is a space at the end of the Project Title name when you go to Publish. Fix: Remove the space.

2. The Location field name is too long. Our company is highly organized so there are lots of subfolders within subfolders, some with long names. This seems to wreck havoc for some reason. Fix: Publish to a Location that has a shorter name. Upload to LMS. Move file to where you really wanted it.

3. Go to File > Project Info. Under the Quiz section, click Reporting. Make sure the checkbox for Enable reporting for this project, is turned on. I'd recommend you turn off quiz, and turn on Slide View for Success Criteria, unless you have a quiz in your Captivate project.

HTH others!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources