• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is coldfusion 9 64/32 bit support microsoft access with unicode?

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does coldfusion 9 64/32 bit support microsoft access with unicode. I can't seem to find microsoft access with unicode in cf9 drivers list.

Is there a workaround to get this work. I have been using coldfusion MX7 and unicode support was there in MX7 where as cf9 doesn't seems to have this feature.

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where as cf9 doesn't seems to have this feature.

Yeah, it does:

CFAdmin.jpg

So if you're not seeing that, it's a vagary of your system, rather than a vagary of CF.  That's a bog-standard CF 9.0.1 developer-edition multi-server install on Windows Server 2003 (32-bit).

What sort of CF install, what exact patch level, and what OS are you running on?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adam,

Thank you for the information. I have all other drivers listed except microsoft access with unicode.

============================

Windows 2008  R2 enterprise is the OS installed in the server. Coldfusion version :  9,0,1,274733

Java VM Name   Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 

Coldfusion Edition :   Enterprise

============================

I read that coldfusion 9 does provide unicode support only for 32 bit and not provided for 64 bit. Is it true? Is there a workaround for this.

Thanks,

Najeeb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could remove CF9 64bit and install CF9 32bit. If you are using IIS you might  need to do something to that to change it over to 32bit support.

>I read that coldfusion 9 does provide unicode support only for 32 bit and not provided for 64 bit. Is it true? Is there a workaround for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read that coldfusion 9 does provide unicode support only for 32 bit and not provided for 64 bit. Is it true? Is there a workaround for this.

Well: this is perhaps not particularly helpful given your situation, but it's sound advice: don't use Access.

You should not be using a desktop DB in a server environment.  Access is neither designed nor intended to be used as a server application.

Your options appear to be:

• Run 32-bit CF.  This would a really crap thing to do to your CF install simply to accommodate a bad DB;
  • Port your data away from Access.  It should never have been there in the first place.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Carl and Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto for Win 32bit CF9.0.1 + CHF2 32bit. On Win 64bit CF9.0.2 64bit do not have MS ACCESS with Unicode. I don't use that driver myself however here is a screen cut:

Capture.JPG

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation