• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC FTP Not Working

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to Put files in Dreamweaver CC (Ver 18, Build 10136).

I have deleted my original site (which did not Put either) and created a new site, and tested the connection in DW. It connects OK.

I have cleared my browser cache.

I have rebooted.

I have uninstalled DW CC from the Creative Cloud desktop app, and re-installed it. Then rebooted again.

I can upload the selected file with FileZilla, and FTP works.

I can edit the file in DW CC, adding an obvious change. Save it, then Put it. The change does not show in my browser. But if I use FileZilla, the change shows.

DW does not offer any error message. The Put simply is not working.

Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

If you do not get an error message, it means that there was no error and the file was successfully uploaded. The problem is where was it uploaded to?

Go to the Files panel, choose Remote server and have a look at where the file was uploaded to. If it is not there, maybe you chose to to upload it to the Testing server.

For more help see How to manage and transfer files to remote servers from within Dreamweaver  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not get an error message, it means that there was no error and the file was successfully uploaded. The problem is where was it uploaded to?

Go to the Files panel, choose Remote server and have a look at where the file was uploaded to. If it is not there, maybe you chose to to upload it to the Testing server.

For more help see How to manage and transfer files to remote servers from within Dreamweaver  

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the problem. I was uploading to the root directory, instead of the directory where my web site is configured to read from. Yet another senior moment, of which I am having way too many here lately.

Side note: Next problem is to get my Project VII Drop Menu Magic extension to work with DW CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet another senior moment

Wait till you get to where I am, it has become a way of life.

The best way to install the extension is to use PVII Extension Manager for Adobe Creative Cloud or get in touch with PVII.

When talking to them, please make them aware of the horrible typo on their page (ALsp senior moment Mr Sparber?).

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not related to the (now fixed) FTP problem, but the PVIII Extension Manager worked great and I was able to add my Drop Menu Magic menu back into DW CC, and all appears to be well. I had a small glitch by trying to load only P7DMM and not the accompanying Affinity PagePack. But after I loaded both ZXP files, the PVIII dialog box came up and I am able to edit my drop menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've always been a horrible typist. Thanks. The typos are corrected. I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines