• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to install legacy CS3 Master Suite [edited for clarity]

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the master suite a few years back and paid one heck of a lot of money. Adobe downloaded the master suite for me today and I found a few programs like Dreamweaver simply won't open. I did some research and restarted my computer a couple of times and now Dreamweaver seems to open and I'll know soon how well it's working. Thanks again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019
Looks like I owe Adobe an apology. I decided to go back and do some researching. My computer downloaded some updates after restarting again twice and now Dreamweaver is working fine. I would however like to know more about the updates and tech support promised. The gentleman who downloaded the master suite for me it seems did do a good job after all. Thanks for your patience and understanding so please delete my post if you would like. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Filemaker,

I have moved this to a discussion of it's own so that it will get more focus.

To help you out, as co-users of Adobe programs, please give us some more details such as

• O/S including onboard memory
  • Version of the master suite.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 10. When Adobe installed it earlier, they tested it through remote desktop, it worked fine until I restarted my computer, now nothing and I'm finding other programs aren't working now either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it's CS3 version I purchased the entire master suite. of course Adobe promised free upgrades and tech support until recently they changed their minds and want more money instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I owe Adobe an apology. I decided to go back and do some researching. My computer downloaded some updates after restarting again twice and now Dreamweaver is working fine. I would however like to know more about the updates and tech support promised. The gentleman who downloaded the master suite for me it seems did do a good job after all. Thanks for your patience and understanding so please delete my post if you would like. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll do better than delete the post, I'll mark your reply as Answered
Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For the benefit of people finding this in web searches, Creative Suite 3 came out in 2007.  Product support ended about 18 months later when CS4 released.   Adobe doesn't support old software forever.  Nobody does.  If you wish to keep using older software,  hold on to an older operating system to support it.   CS3 is not certified to run on the latest and greatest OSs.   Windows supports backwards compatibility better than Mac.   But use at your own risk.

CS3's aging activation servers had to be retired and were taken offline.  If you have a CS3 serial number, you can obtain a replacement installer and new serial number that does not require activation.  For details, see link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/activation-fails-cs3-acrobat-8.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines