• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Dreamweaver CC 2019 on Win 10 [Branched]

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same issue for quite some time. I purchased a new Dell computer in January 2019 running Windows 10, installed CC 2019, and Dreamweaver silently crashes after completely loading. I can run Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Audition, Premier, Bridge, and Animate just fine on my new system. Something is wrong with Dreamweaver. I have been forced to run Dreamweaver CC 2018 off an old Dell laptop also running Windows 10. Would love a fix for this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

I think you should  contact technical support via the online chat link below. 

Contact Customer Care

Click the chat bot icon (lower right) and type AGENT followed by Enter key.

CC-chatbot-icon.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GooeyCat  wrote

I have been having the same issue for quite some time. I purchased a new Dell computer in January 2019 running Windows 10, installed CC 2019, and Dreamweaver silently crashes after completely loading. I can run Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Audition, Premier, Bridge, and Animate just fine on my new system. Something is wrong with Dreamweaver. I have been forced to run Dreamweaver CC 2018 off an old Dell laptop also running Windows 10. Would love a fix for this.

Although you may be having the same outcome, your problem is not the same as the OP's. He re-installed Windows on an a previously used computer which ruined the operating environment for Dreamweaver.

Please start a new discussion so that the two subjects will not get intertwined..

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already branched this to a new discussion.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does your Windows Event Viewer say is the faulting module that causes DW to crash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for branching this into a new discussion. The Event Viewer reports the following:

Faulting application name: Dreamweaver.exe, version: 19.1.0.11240, time stamp: 0x5c87fab7

Faulting module name: Dreamweaver.exe, version: 19.1.0.11240, time stamp: 0x5c87fab7

Exception code: 0xc00000fd

Fault offset: 0x00000000011f150a

Faulting process id: 0x7020

Faulting application start time: 0x01d546f6c3a842cd

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2019\Dreamweaver.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2019\Dreamweaver.exe

Report Id: 3b33496d-21b0-44ba-90b8-d83673591a7d

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Do I need to run the CC Cleaner Tool as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at Re: dreamweaver cc 2018 crashes when opening on windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for the long response, but I wanted to be thorough in the documentation of my process so that hopefully I could find the error and fix it. Unfortunately, my issue is unresolved.

1. Opened Adobe Creative Cloud app and uninstalled Dreamweaver CC. I indicated that I DID want to save my preferences.  Restarted my computer. App was no longer present on system. Opened Adobe Creative Cloud app and installed Dreamweaver CC. Opened Dreamweaver and it crashed.
  2. Opened Adobe Creative Cloud app and uninstalled Dreamweaver CC. I indicated that I DID want to save my preferences.  Restarted my computer. App was no longer present on system. Opened Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool, but Dreamweaver was not present to clean… because it had just been uninstalled. But thinking that I might see any bad remnants left behind. I guess it doesn’t work that way.
  3. Opened Adobe Creative Cloud app and installed Dreamweaver CC, so that I would have something to clean.  App was now present on system. Opened Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool and successfully cleaned Dreamweaver. Restarted my computer. Opened Adobe Creative Cloud app and saw that Dreamweaver was no longer installed, BUT the app was still present inside my Windows Application Panel. Opened Dreamweaver and it opened and then crashed.
  4. With Adobe Creative Cloud app still open, installed Dreamweaver CC. Opened Dreamweaver and it crashed. Opened Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool and successfully cleaned Dreamweaver. Now that I knew where the Log was located, I reviewed the Log and there were no errors. Restarted my computer. Again… Opened Adobe Creative Cloud app and saw that Dreamweaver was no longer installed, BUT the app was still present inside my Windows Application Panel.
  5. Opened Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool and successfully cleaned ALL. Restarted my computer. All of my Adobe apps were still present in my Windows Application Panel. I attempted to see if I could Remove Programs through Windows 10, but programs were not found.
  6. Went to Adobe website and re-downloaded Creative Cloud desktop app. It showed that no other Adobe apps (except for Acrobat DC) had been installed. Restarted my computer, just in case. Opened Adobe Creative Cloud app and installed Dreamweaver ONLY. Opened Dreamweaver… and it crashed.
  7. I restarted my computer, as nothing will show once it has crashed once. I tried to reset the preferences by following “Hold down the Windows key + Ctrl + Shift and double-click Dreamweaver.exe.” But nothing happened. I then tried to right click Dreamweaver and “Run as Administrator”. Opened Dreamweaver and it crashed. Opened Adobe Creative Cloud app and uninstalled Dreamweaver CC. I indicated that I DID NOT want to save my preferences and my app preferences should be removed. Restarted my computer. Opened Adobe Creative Cloud app and installed Dreamweaver ONLY. Opened Dreamweaver… and it crashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could this article be of assistance Troubleshoot crash issues in Dreamweaver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your continued assistance. As far as other crash reasons, I am on a Dell all-in-one desktop. And I am not working with Fluid Grid Layouts. The font issue was an interesting consideration. However, I do have Helvetica and Tahoma installed and showing. I also selected Restore Default Font Settings which had been unselected. No change.

I will try to send Preran at Adobe (from the other article you shared) a message to see if he can help... although that offer to help was 17 months ago. Any other thoughts are sincerely appreciated. Thanks.

[Moderator note: Pinged Preran]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you should  contact technical support via the online chat link below. 

Contact Customer Care

Click the chat bot icon (lower right) and type AGENT followed by Enter key.

CC-chatbot-icon.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines