New Here ,
Sep 05, 2010 Sep 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following is my system setup

Windows XP Pro SP2 32bit
Firefox portable 3.5.8 32bit

I am trying to install Flash Player version WIN 10,1,82,76
on Firefox portable that I have on a thunb drive but have not had any success.

I also have Firefox version 3.6.6 running on my hard drive that is using Flash Player

version WIN 10,1,82,76.

I have tried to use the automatic installation using the Adobe Download manager.

I have downloaded the Flash Player installer and I have used the Flash uninstaller

and tried re-installing the Flash Player.  None of these things have worked they

just install the Flash Player on the Firefox browser on my hard drive.

How can I install the Flash Player so that the portable Firefox on my thumb drive

can use the Flash Player on any computer I am using?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2010 Sep 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have solved the issue in the following way:

Usually extensions in portable firefox are installed in the directory /portable firefox/Data/plugins/.

So I created a directory 'Sub' in this directory and moved the following files into it:

flash6.ocx

Flash10a.ocx

flashplayer.xpt

flashutil10a.exe

NPSWF32.dll

NPSWF32_flashutil.exe

uninstall_activex.exe

uninstall_plugin.exe

so they are no longer loaded when firefox portable starts.

Then I moved into the directory /portable firefox/App/firefox/

and doubleclicked on firefox.exe. Then I typed the address

http://www.adobe.com/de/software/flash/about/

in addressbar and clicked on the appearing 'Install Plugin' Button (when flashplayer is installed it shows the version of falshplayer). Firefox openened on top of the site the meassage 'Adobe.com tries to install a plugin' and I clicked on the allow-button. Then the new Adobe flash-player has been installed. After closing firefox and reopening with the 'FirefoxPortable.exe'  the new version was installed.

Hope that helps

regards

stefan

PS: Openening the firefox from /portable firefox/App/firefox/ will create an entry 'Mozilla' on in the "%application data%" and "local settings/Application data/" of your PC, you may want to remove.

PS2: After some investigation it seems that removing of NPSWF32.dll is sufficient to enable portable firefox to install the actual flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines