Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player for BLACKBERRY Torch

Dec 31, 2010 Dec 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run across a few problems using my new Blackberry Torch. I've tried to open attachments in email which tells me to update my flash player. When I try to do so, it tells me that it is not supported for the Blackberry Torch. Then it asks to tell you why I decided not to install. It won't allow me to tell you anything.

So I'm asking since there are so many of us buying the Blackberry Torch----Will Flash Player be available anytime soon for my operating system on the Blackberry??????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2011 Jun 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forums everywhere are full of mobile users asking about flash but I'm guessing most phones are choking on the flash code in testing - so we wont get much beyond the promise phase I bet.

WebOS on my Pre was supposed to get it a few years ago but I ended up switching to a Torch which was aslo supposed to get Flash.

Now I dont ever expect to see it runninig on that either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this sucks!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, This site lists the ones that have been certified. Last update 5/11.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/mobile_devices/flash_handheld?view=discussions&start=0

I don't know why the Blackberry Torch hasn't been certified. With Google's OS and the various Android phones, not all models are certified to be able to Install Flash Player. It's not that Flash Player is not available, but the decision lies it seems to me with Google.

Addressing this with RIM may be informative.  I did a quick Search and found this site. I understand the frustration, since other users of smartphones/tablets, etc are having the same issues you are. If I knew the whys, that would be helpfu, but I don't.

RIM Site: http://blogs.blackberry.com/2011/06/important-blackberry-tablet-os-update-includes-fix-for-adobe-fla...

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines