• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player proxy problems

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2008 Oct 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have a T1 for my CyberCafe gamers and a DSL line channeled through my 2006 ISA server as a proxy for Internet users. We are in a workgroup environment. All the proxy settings are set on Internet Explorer for all our PC's. After some testing I realized that anything played through the Flash addon or player are bypassing our browser's proxy settings and using the T1 which is specified as our gateway thus causing massive lag on our T1 line. You tube movies and other players don't seem to have this problem, only Flash Player. In short Flash Player is ignoring our bowser proxy settings in favor of our gateway / T1. I performed a test and removed the gateway on a test machine forcing Flash to use our proxy and everything works fine. But if I change it back, Flash favors the gateway over the Internet Explorer proxy browser settings. I've been searching everywhere for an answer to this problem with no luck. Does anyone have any info on this problem? There are no options to specifly a proxy for the flash player anywhere else. Please Help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2008 Oct 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anything been changed on Flash player that would cause this problem. If so is there an older version I can get?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 16, 2008 Oct 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I've got no idea where to go with this, other than noting that youtube video is delivered to the desktop via Flash Player..

I guess I'd tell you what I told a number of the linux bug posters.. File a public bug, get it some votes and see what happens..

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/logged_in/tmccauley_fplayer_bugbase.html

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines