• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I remove websites from Flash's "Allow and Remember" list?

Feb 15, 2014 Feb 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have Flash for Firefox set to "Ask to Activate" and set a particular website to "Allow and Remember", how can I change it later?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. That's something about allowing websites in general to borrow data from each other. I'm talking about finding and editing the list of specific websites that have permanant permission to run Flash player without asking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager06.html

BTW there is a list of links on the left of that page to access ALL settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's for permission to use my camera and microphone. I want to revoke permission for a website to load its videos or whatever without asking me. I already checked all those links on the side, and came here because none of them seem to do what I want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click ANY Flash content (video, animation, whatever) and choose Global Settings.

Under Storage or Advanced there is a Clear All button.

Under Storage there is a "Local Sotrage Settings By Site" button that will allow you to remove sites individually.

Windows:

1.jpg

3.jpg

Mac:

2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The site I accidentally gave permission to (www.minecraftforum.net) doesn't appear on that list.

Again, it's not storage, right to use my input devices, or data swapping I'm concerned about. It's allowing a site to play any videos, animations or other Flash content the page might contain.

To reproduce the problem, set the Flash Player addon in your browser to "Ask to Activate", click on a Flash item in a page you don't want regularly playing its videos at you, go to the "Allow Now/Allow and Remember" doorhanger, and accidentally click "Allow and Remember".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell ya what...

Do a "clean install"

Download the following:

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Flash Player Uninstaller

Also, download these:

Shockwave Player Uninstaller

Shockwave Player 12 FULL installer (other browsers)

You'll need to install Shockwave with the FULL installer for IE too, but there isn't a direct download for it. You'll need to go to: http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/otherversions/ using IE AFTER everything else is done.

Save all the files and close your browser.

Run the uninstallers first (both of them)

Go to: C/Windows/System32

Delete the Macromed folder.

Open your Registry Editor (Start>Run or press the Windows key + R and type 'regedit' [minus the quotes] and click OK)

In the Registry Editor, go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE

Delete the Macromedia folder (Right click and choose "Delete").

Go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software and delete the Macromedia folder there too.

Close the Registry Editor and empty your recycle bin.

Run the Flash Player installers, and then the Shockwave FULL installer you downloaded.

Lastly, open IE and go to: http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/otherversions/ to download and install the Shockwave FULL installer for ActiveX (IE).

That way you CAN'T POSSIBLY have any of your old settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And then do all that again the next time I misclick? Come on dude, there's got to be an easier way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you look under the Camera and Mic tab in the global settings?

1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already said that my cam and mike are not the problem. Look, if you can't figure it out, could you please just hand me off to someone else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHAT SPECIFICALLY did you grant access to?

Your choices with Flash Player are:

• Storage of data on youir system by site or universally
  • Cam and Mic access by site or universally
  • Access to connect by local files, individually.
  • Peer assisted networking by site.

There ARE NO OTHER SETTINGS available in the Global Settings Manager or the Online Settings Manager.

You can check it for yourself, but you're asking for a setting that simply doesn't exist.

And there is nobody here or at any level of Adobe who can make it magically appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't use the Global or Online settings manager. What I did was grant the website permission to activate the Flash Player Plugin and run Flash content on its pages. It's a setting for the Firefox Flash plugin, not Flash itself.

...Actually, now that I put it that way, I should probably have gone to the Firefox forums with this.

EDIT: Yep, it was on Firefox's end the whole time. Sorry I got mad. If anyone else ever asks, the answer is at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/986618 .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines