• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lego Digital Designer gives error that flash player is not installed

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 10, I use Chrome as my browser.

I am trying to install a LEGO program on my PC. Every time the installation starts it says that Adobe Flash is either not installed or is out of date and it needs to install it. Then it fails to install.

Here are the messages that I get:

LDD Adobe.png

LDD failed to install.png

LDD try again.png

The LEGO support people said "The Adobe Flash version you have installed is for 3rd party browsers only, like Chrome, Opera, and other Chromium-based browsers. You need to install the main version from the Adobe website."

I have downloaded and installed flash player and still get the above errors.

flash player.png

what else do I need to do? The help chat has been unresponsive on the Adobe help center.

[moderator: edited title for clarity]

TOPICS
Update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

This is a duplicate of Flash10b stopping Lego Digital Designer 4.3.11 installer

Please see my reply to there.

Glad to provide further information, however, this is a Lego problem.  They need to fix their installer to not to attempt to install Flash Player ActiveX Control on Windows 8 and above as Microsoft embeds Flash Player ActiveX Control in IE and Edge (Windows 10) and all updates are released by Microsoft.  Due to this it's a required system component and Microsoft locks the file permissions

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a duplicate of Flash10b stopping Lego Digital Designer 4.3.11 installer

Please see my reply to there.

Glad to provide further information, however, this is a Lego problem.  They need to fix their installer to not to attempt to install Flash Player ActiveX Control on Windows 8 and above as Microsoft embeds Flash Player ActiveX Control in IE and Edge (Windows 10) and all updates are released by Microsoft.  Due to this it's a required system component and Microsoft locks the file permissions so that it cannot be uninstalled.   Additionally, they are including a Flash Player version that was released 10 years ago in their LDD installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I observed same behavior you reported on Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 OS build 17763.475.

Here is my workaround:

1. Start LDD installer, proceed until it Adobe Flash Player warning (don't press Yes yet)

2. Open this folder: %TEMP%\WZSE0.TMP\

3. Delete this file: install_flash_player_active_x.exe

4. Find OpenGLChecker.exe and rename it as: install_flash_player_active_x.exe

5. Click Yes and, voila, Flash player installer skipped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem, too and I'm very happy about someone answering the question, but I didn't get your solution: where can I find "OpenGLChecker.exe"? Why would it be installed anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2019 Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and just solved it using the above workaround. You need to unzip the setup file you download from LDD (setupldd-pc-4_3_11.exe). It contains the above mentioned openglchecker and install flash files. Then double click the LDD setup file and follow as above.

I hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

debes buscar en inicio, darle inicio y escribir %temp% y luego abrir, buscar la carpeta WZSE0.TMP  y luego seguir los pasos siguientes:

3. Elimine este archivo: install_flash_player_active_x.exe

4. Encuentre OpenGLChecker.exe y renómbrelo como: install_flash_player_active_x.exe

5. Haga clic en Sí y, ¡voilá, saltó el instalador de Flash player!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This Solution also worked for me!!! Thanks ikarib. 

1) After the Adobe Flash ActiveX failure i did not click on the "Ok" so that the extracted installation files will not be auto deleted.  

2) i went to Start > Run then i typed %TEMP%\WZSE0.TMP\ and hit OK (this oppened the Windows explorer to the extracted installation files).

2) I copied the 3 extracted files out to another location (so that i can also reuse the installer on other computers) 

3) Deleted this file: install_flash_player_active_x.exe

4) Renamed OpenGLChecker.exe as install_flash_player_active_x.exe

5) Hit the "OK" button from the installation error in Step 1

6) Run the extracted LDD installer and it completed successfully. 

Thanks ikarib!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines