• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacOS 10.6 Update Messages

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I stop Flash update messages on a Mac running OS 10.6.0, which will not support the latest release? Messages pop up several times a day and are becoming very annoying. There does not seem to be a way of stopping them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

You replied to an unrelated topic instead of making a new topic with your question, so it just got buried in the comments.  I branched this into it's own topic and gave it a relevant title.

Flash Player supports MacOS 10.10 and higher.  Flash Player is notifying you that you need to update, but your operating system is no longer supported, so your best option is to simply uninstall.  Running an outdated Flash Player is a bad idea from a security perspective (as is running an outdated OS versio

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you are listening as I have had no reply. I am getting 10-12 messages a day that I have to delete because they are irrelevant. The machine they come to will not support the latest release of Flash. I can stop pop-up ads but not this, which looks bad for Adobe. Please tell me how to stop these messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain David. Came here to ask the same question but it seems there is no answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You replied to an unrelated topic instead of making a new topic with your question, so it just got buried in the comments.  I branched this into it's own topic and gave it a relevant title.

Flash Player supports MacOS 10.10 and higher.  Flash Player is notifying you that you need to update, but your operating system is no longer supported, so your best option is to simply uninstall.  Running an outdated Flash Player is a bad idea from a security perspective (as is running an outdated OS version).  The last update available for MacOS 10.6 was 2011, so you're really hitting the end of this machine being viable for browsing the web (at least in any form that's reasonably secure).  

Here's a link to the Flash Player uninstaller: 

Uninstall Flash Player - Mac:
https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the update messages are indeed Flash Player Update Notifiations, go to System Preferences > Flash Player > Updates tab.  Change the option to 'Never check for updates (not recommended)'.  This will stop Update Notifiations triggered by Flash Player, but will not stop browser/content from prompting you to install.

Why doesn't Flash Player install on OS X 10.6:

A recent change required for macOS 10.15 results in Flash Player not being able to install on older version of Mac.  These older versions of Mac have not been supported for quite some time, although installation was not blocked, this requirement for macOS 10.15 results changes that.  If possible, please update to a supported version of Mac - https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/tech-specs.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines