Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC 2017 - Color Picker window defaults focus to Hue instead of HEX

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I noticed a blast from the past when I opened the color picker window upon double-clicking my current Fill color (same for Stroke), and noticed that the default focused input field is the Hue value, when it was the HEX value before.

ai2017-color-picker.png

This introduces a very cumbersome step into a designer's workflow because they now have to select the HEX field to paste a value in. Before, it was as simple as opening the dialog, pasting the value immediately, and pressing Enter—it was very quick and convenient.

I vaguely recall there being complaints and discussion around this in the CS5/CS6 days that led to having the HEX value focused by default to make it much easier to paste a value into the field around when CC was released or updated.

Please fix this—I'm considering it a bug or regression since the latest update to CC 2017, as it introduces major usability issues for many users who are used to having this.

Thanks,

Andy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

I see that too.

You can report it here:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that too.

You can report it here:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done and done! Thanks for linking that. It's an easy process to forget about sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

I've submitted this request in Pre Release program before it's officially launched, but still happen in public release version.

Please fix this adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not seem to be fixed yet.. this is a critical workflow miss step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Bloody annoying!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posting +1 here is easy but WILL NOT HELP YOU. Adobe aren't watching. Please report the bug as shown, carefully politely and in detail. Only this will reach the Adobe department who decide what to fix based on how many actual reports there are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Already have done - the +1 was more a show of support to to the OP.  But yes, definitely report the bugs!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines