• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

32 bit installer for 2022 Acrobat Pro DC and Reader DC

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title says, I'm looking for a 32 bit installer (for integrated app/plugin compatibility at my company) for Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and Reader DC. I've found a 2023 (latest release) 32 bit installer here:

Download Acrobat installer for Enterprise term or VIP license (adobe.com)

But this does me no good, as the apps I need the Adobe installation to work with require a 2022 release of Adobe Reader/Pro DC. 

I've found a library of patches including the 2022 patches for those app here, but no original/base installation media...

Acrobat Enterprise Release Notes — Acrobat-Acrobat Reader Release Notes (adobe.com)

Can anyone recommend a known good place to download a 32 bit, 2022 version of Acrobat Pro DC and Reader DC?

Or alternatively, if I could find older (2020, 2021) releases I could patch up to 2022 using the patches at the second site I linked above...just need to find the .exe/.msi installers for a 32bit build of each app.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

There are no "2022" versions of the installers.. never were, really. The Acrobat DC is ONE installer package that comes with a base install and then applies the most recent update, so the installer you download TODAY has the 23.003.20215 update included. What you could try is download the installer package, un-zip it, delete the update .msp file, then install. This should install the base 2015 version. You can then install the update version you want. However, DC will want to continually update

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no "2022" versions of the installers.. never were, really. The Acrobat DC is ONE installer package that comes with a base install and then applies the most recent update, so the installer you download TODAY has the 23.003.20215 update included. What you could try is download the installer package, un-zip it, delete the update .msp file, then install. This should install the base 2015 version. You can then install the update version you want. However, DC will want to continually update itself to the latest version, so you would have to instruct ALL your users to disable auto-updates.  This is not a good security practice, so what is it about the current releases that is causing you issues?

If it's just the new interface layout, you can turn that off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use an enterprise PLM software (Siemens Teamcenter) that has certified integration support for specific builds of Adobe Reader DC & Acrobat Pro DC. I've tested on the latest 2023 Adobe patches, and they definitely do not work. Per Siemens, certified Adobe versions are Reader/Pro DC versions 2020 & 2022 (32 bit only).

I've actually got the base release for Reader DC from 2020 in the 32bit version, and from my research so far I was thinking installing then patching up to a 2022 release would be what I'd have to do....so I'm alright there. For Acrobat Pro DC though, I haven't had any luck whatsoever finding a pre-2023 installer (either a .exe or .msi) in a 32 bit variant. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just tested your recommendation to download the current 32bit version of Acrobat Pro, delete the current 2023 .msp and manually patch up to the last available 2022 version (2022.003.20322). It worked like a charm! I've scoured the internet looking for this answer, and until your comment only encountered other users in a similar/out of luck position. I wish I could upvote this a few dozen times for visibility. Thank you!!!

For anyone in the same predicament (Needing an older patch level of 32bit Acrobat DC Pro) these are the Adobe downloads that got me to my target release:

For the 32bit Acrobat Pro base installer:

Download Acrobat installer for Enterprise term or VIP license (adobe.com)

And for the full listing of available DC patches:

Acrobat Enterprise Release Notes — Acrobat-Acrobat Reader Release Notes (adobe.com)

Just as Brad suggested, I downloaded the core installer, unzipped and deleted the latest 2023 .msp from the directory, and installed. Got the 2015 Acrobat Pro release, which I then patched up to the needed 2022 build.

Thanks again Brad @ Roaring Mouse , you the man!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to have helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brad @ Roaring MouseHow can I get Adobe to work on my Surface Pro X? I tried the above mentioned process but there is no .msp file in my zip file. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know anything about Surface Pro, but I assume since it's an ARM based system probably can't run any Acrobat not designed to run on that platform (others here with more knowledge on this can chime in). so my above advice is probably not applicable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was god-tier advice Brad. Thank-you so much for explaining this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines