• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A drawing error occured - nearly with every single pdf irrespective of the source

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a subscription to adobe acrobat pro running on a dell laptop with sufficient performance at win10 pro.

I constantly get the error "a drawing error has occured". Irregardless of whether I have one or many documents open in the background. Irregardless of rebooting the PC or not. And irregardless of document size.

I have installed the latest version 20.013.20074. Can you help?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Max

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are getting the error 'A drawing error has occured'

This error often occurs when there is a problem with the PDF file itself and Reader or Acrobat is unable to render the PDF properly. Please try to open or check the PDF with other applications and see if you get any error messages. For more information please look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/error-drawing-error-occurred-acrobat.html

Also please try to repair the installation of Adobe Acrobat from the help menu. Go to Help > Repair Installation and reboot the computer once and check.

If it doesn't work, please try to turn off the protected mode for testing (Win only) go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable protected mode at startup' turn off the protected mode and uncheck 'Enhanced Security' > Click OK and reboot the computer.
Note: Please turn on the security after testing to avoid any security risks.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines