Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A font package is required

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. When I try to open a .pdf file Acrobat says that is required a font package to correctly display the document.

The screenshot of the pop-up is here:

Jimmy5F87_2-1624429782399.png

When I click "OK", my browser says that is impossible to load the Internet page (the internet page is corrupted?).

So...What can I do with this issue? How can I download this required font package?

P.S. I look into my .pdf document's proprieties and the font that it uses are these:

Jimmy5F87_0-1624429852665.png

I'm Chinese and the Adobe Reader DC is the version of 2021.001.20155 on my Windows 10.

I check some post on community, in those there are links but seems broken to me, such like:

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6486

So is there any updated links or some way that I can download the fonts?

Thanks!

Jimmy

TOPICS
PDF forms , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the forum for Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks buddy, just noticed there is a specific forum for Reader....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jimmy

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As mentioned you are unable to view the PDF fiel and getting the above error message

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

Also, please try to update the application to the new version 21.05.20048 and reboot the computer once and see if that works for you. Go to Help > Check for updates .

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just one specific PDF File, others works well. 

And I don't think there is a "Check for updates" option in "Help" tab.

Jimmy5F87_0-1624435700029.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Sorry for the delay in response. Please try to repair the installation from the help menu and reboot the computer once. Also please try to download the patch manually from the link - https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

As its an issue with a particular file, it could be a file specific issue, please use the following preference settings and seeif tat helps: Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat Mac > Preferences > Page display > Under rendering , select 'Use Local Fonts' > Click OK

Hope it will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines