• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ability to create digital signature field no longer showing in tools menu

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro DC ability to create digital signature field no longer showing and I've selected "This document requires signature" in the Prepare Form dialog box. Any clues? Has this been removed? I only see signature and signature block in the tools menu

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Thank you, you are 100% correct.   To clarify my issue, I did select Tools >Prepare Form upon PDF creation, however, it defaults to an "Adobe Sign Form" which does not allow you to add a digital signature field.

So while in the Prepare Form area, I had to select More > Convert to Adobe Acrobat Sign Form, from the Right Panel Menu (above the "Fields" area). If you are not in this format the digital signature option will not appear in the toolbar.

Defaulting to the Adobe Sign to push e-services in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figure it out. For some reason, I had to convert the form to an AcroForm. I don't now what this means as the PDF was created in Acrobat; however once I selected this "conversion", the digital signature option appeared again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means you selected the "This document requires signatures" when you first selected "Tools > Prepare Form". What this really should say is "This document will be used with the Adobe Sign e-signature service". When selected, you're limited in the types of form fields that you can create to those that are supported by Adobe Sign, which excludes buttons, digital signature fields, and 2D bar code fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!  Huge help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks solved my issue also!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doh!  After an hour and a half, this was the information I was looking for, thank you.  There is an awful lot of information available on older versions that makes finding what you need more difficult.  Anyway, my search is over, THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that worked for me was to put in my digital signature making sure that its not locked after I sign, then right click the signature and clear it. It kept the box. I hate updates with no explanation of what they changed. Adobe has really started to suck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, you are 100% correct.   To clarify my issue, I did select Tools >Prepare Form upon PDF creation, however, it defaults to an "Adobe Sign Form" which does not allow you to add a digital signature field.

So while in the Prepare Form area, I had to select More > Convert to Adobe Acrobat Sign Form, from the Right Panel Menu (above the "Fields" area). If you are not in this format the digital signature option will not appear in the toolbar.

Defaulting to the Adobe Sign to push e-services in not a good idea Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the answer I was looking for. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been looking for an  hour for the answer to this and this was it! thank you so much. although my when I clicked More my chouce was actually "revernt to Adobe Acrobat". it worked though and now I can see digital signature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was awesome! Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I was just confused with all the tools and such, but I was able to figure it out. My organzation is having a huge issue with e-signing documents because the person who created the form didn't know about this. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under the Tools menu, select Certificates. The Digital Signature Option is under that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the tools selection bar on the right of the screen, select more tools.  Add the certificate tool to the tool bar.  When you select this, you can create a signature block and then sign the document with a digital certificate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! This is exactly the fix I needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello these tips are for if you are wanting to sign it yourself, what if you are trying to create a template that would have the digital signature field along with other fields that people would fill in. I can only add a plain signature field with no signing option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zynet,

Thank you for reaching out.

You may use the Acrobat Sign to create a template and add multiple signature form fields. You may refer to the steps suggested for creating a template on the following help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/create-template.html

Would you mind elaborating on the workflow you are trying to achieve?

Are you trying to create a template form so that you can add multiple signature fields? Will you be sending this form to get the signature?

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add a signature field, you need to be in the Prepare Form mode. If you
select Prepare Form from the Tools toolbar, you should see another toolbar
pop up with the forms tools. There you will find the "Add digital signature
options" icon. Drag this to your document and it will add a digital
signature box, where someone can add there signature. If you don't see
Prepare Forms in the Tools toolbar, then select More Tools and add it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only thing that actually worked for me was to put in my own digital certificat signature (make sure you unclick the box that locks the document after signing) then right click the signature and clear the signature. It keeps the box so someone else can just click it to add theirs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the same issue with lacking a digital signature optoin after setting up a form as "This document requires signatures" however the tools options suggested in the various comments were not available. The workaround off adding a digital signature, signing, and then clearing the signature did work, but that is a fairly cumbersome process and obviously should not be necessary. I have several other sheets with similar issues. How do I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Disable the option "This document requires signatures" when you create the form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines