• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Access token provided is invalid or has expired.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat DC

Getting this error when trying to send any document for signatures. I've logged out and in, and deathorized the computer via flash / control panel. I reached out to tech support and they said they no longer support the product and to turn to the forums? Haven't found a working solution yet.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Alright, final update, but first - thank you for attempting to help me solve this issue, I really appreciate it.

Cause: I originally signed up for Adobe Small Business but then realized it wasn't what I was actually wanting to sign up for. So, via chat support I cancelled that service and once it was refunded I subscribed for the personal account via the website. The error happened because I used the same email address and I must not have waited long enough to purchase the new subscription for an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you get the same error if you send the file vie Adobe Sign instead?

In which version of MS Windows is this happening? And what version update of Adobe Acrobat Pro are you using? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried both the Adobe Sign tool and the Fill and Sign tool within the Acrobat DC app on Windows 10, fresh install of both Windows (within a week) and Acrobat DC (about 20 minutes ago). Continuous Release Version 2020.012.20043

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What product is Adobe support referring to... flash? , you said you have the latest Acrobat Pro DC version.

I don't think that deauthorizing with flash control panel has nothing to do with Adobe supporting that technology or not. They miunderstood your question or  you didn't give them all the bits and pieces of info.

Were you cloning an installation from one computer to another?

And have you tried resetting your timezone?

Also see the following answer to another user by Adobe Employee, MeenakshiNegi: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-sign/access-token-provided-is-invalid-or-has-expired/td-p/10454...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The flash recommendation was something I found via google.

Chat support looked up my account and said they no longer support this product (Acrobat DC) via chat and advised me to turn to the forums.

I did reset my timezone this morning prior to coming here to reply. 

RE: your link to another post - everything used to work just fine (earlier this year). It's not a feature I use daily but I do need it occasionally. The other post mentions that Sign is not supported through the Pro DC paid subscription? I'm confused as it worked before. The only thing that HAS changed since last year is that I resubscribed with a different email address (work email as I'm using a co. cc now instead of my personal one). If Adobe support can't help who am I to turn to?

default5umu9hloskz8_0-1600170749395.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt that Adobe support said that they no longer provide support for Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

I think you're referring to the old  echoSign fetaure that used to ship with earlier version releases of Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Seems to me that you deauthorized a computer without uninstalling the older Acrobat product properly, and also failing to deactivate the old subscription first; it may be necessary to back up all your data, uninstall Acrobat completelty, run the Acrobat cleaner and repair tool, then perform a fresh  installation of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (which now features Adobe Sign, not echoSign).

Something tells me that old traces of the software is still lingering in that computer.

You must also go online and deactivate the old computer device associated with the work email. 

If you go online to:

https://account.adobe.com/plans

you can download Acrobat from there instead of using the Adobe Creative Cloud installtion method, for example.

And from the same link above, you should be able to correct if the primary email address is not properly associated with your current Adobe ID.

This is what Adobe tech support should've focused to help you with.

I don't think the support rep understood jack rabbit of what you were trying to explain to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help.

I didn't tell support anything - according to the chat bubble they "looked up the product(s) on my account" since I was logged in to the site then wrote what they wrote.

I went to the link, deactivated all devices, uninstalled from the PC and ran the cleaner tool, reinstalled from the website, same issue. This laptop is only a month old and I never logged into or even installed Acrobat with any credentials other than my current active one. 

Here are the 2 devices authorized after the fresh install a few minutes ago.

default5umu9hloskz8_0-1600195957328.png

This is also the device that I'm using Acrobat on. I've not left my desk to attempt it on any other computer.

Is the fact that it's registered to both 32 and 64 bit on one computer an issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really, the issue is that you can use more than one device with the same subscription but not simultaneously. It may be possible that the issue dissapear if you only leave active the current computer that you're using.

But in my personal case I also get more than one device listed if I use the same computer behind a VPN with a different geogrpaphical region. The security settings and timezones varies and it lists my device as if it were two diffrent devices. When this happens it forces me to sign out and back in every time I open Acrobat.

Let's say that this is your case, if you're using a VPN choose a VPN server location that is in the same country where you're in. Other than that, I really ran out of ideas. Your particular case is very odd.

I may have to research more and document myself better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, final update, but first - thank you for attempting to help me solve this issue, I really appreciate it.

Cause: I originally signed up for Adobe Small Business but then realized it wasn't what I was actually wanting to sign up for. So, via chat support I cancelled that service and once it was refunded I subscribed for the personal account via the website. The error happened because I used the same email address and I must not have waited long enough to purchase the new subscription for anything to reset on the account side. 

After a very helpful chat with support, they were able to contact the back end department and get everything resolved within an hour - I just had to be a little more descriptive and blunt in my original request so they paid a little more attention instead of pushing me to the forums this time.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey that's awesome!

Happy to read that Adobe support was able to assist successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use the sign feature all of the time.  Sent a lease an hour ago with no problem.  Now I get this error for the very first time in years of using Adobe.  I pay a ton of money for the Adobe DC each year and can't believe this is no longer supported.  Is that possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines