• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat 8 printing problems

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2006 Dec 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

duplex printing of a pdf file on either an hp 1320n or hp4300n, with OS X 10.4.8. Using several pdf fIles with odd number of pages, the last (odd) page is printed backwards and upside down. Every time.
If I print just the last page, it is printed backwards and upside down.
If I quit Acrobat 8, launch A8, and then print the last page, it prints correctly. This would seem to eliminate the printing subsystem.

single (no duplex printing) printing, two pages per page (print dialog box option), of a pdf file. First page (original first/second page) prints OK, subsequent pages printed backwards and upside down. (Also after a relaunch of A8).

MacBook Pro 17, OS X 10.4.8, 2G RAM, A8 version 8.0.0 (initial release)
What is going on? Can anyone repeat this behavior?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 136 Replies 136
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2007 Apr 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gordon,

Can you print pdfs from Preview? Have you tried fixing permissions? Can
you print pdfs from a different user? Can you print as an administrative
user?
Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

I have contacted adobe as a matter of fact, and I agree with your comments. Anyone on here who hasn't contacted adobe should do so, so they are aware of the issue. Personally the majority of the documents that I have had a problem printing are large (i.e. 10 pages or more High Resolution .pdf's). All of these documents have printed for me in preview. When I contacted Adobe, they felt it was a printer problem, which I can tell you it's not. Its an Adobe problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever my Acrobat 8 print driver stops working, I nuke my font caches with either Font Nuke or YASU. So far, it has worked every time.
David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2007 Apr 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I corresponded with an engineering colleague of mine at Adobe he says that at least the "duplex printing" problem will be fixed soon.
--jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2007 May 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have got as well a duplex printing problem with Acrobat 8.0 on an iMac Intel core duo with osx 10.4.9: if I print duplex, it adds a blank page after the first one, so page 2 appears on the first face of the second sheet. I uninstalled Acrobat and reinstalled it, but the problem persists. I tested to print the same document on a PPC G4 powerbook with the same settings and there is no such problem. The printer is a Lexmark T640.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2007 May 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have got same problem with Acrobat Reader. The printer I am having problem is HP4250. They advised to update the Driver and Firmware, which did not fix the problem. Printing from any other versions of Acrobat Reader or any other PDF Application is fine. Its definitely Acrobat Reader 8 Probelm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2007 May 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had all the printing problems above with my HP Officejet 7300 Series All-in-one. I tried updating the drivers etc to no avail. One thing worked.

I found the disk specifically for the Mac for the HP All-in-one printers and loaded it on my OS X 10.4.9 and it works well now.

The Key is getting your hands on that HP disk. Mine was CD version 7.0.0 and it came with my All-in-one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2007 May 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am no longer able to print to my HP p3005dn from Acrobat 8 on my Powerbook G4 with 1gb of RAM under os x 10.4.9. When I send a print command the pages are spooled and the printer says: processing and then just stops and sets the status to : ready with no page printed.

When I print via the "preview" application in OS X everything goes as should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2007 May 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These problems have only ocurred since a few days though so I am not sure what is causing this. There are no error messages to be found for me to diagnose...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2007 May 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Albert,

Try deleting the printer and resetting the printing system. Sometimes it
helps.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Images are dropping out of supplied PDFs in Acrobat 8 but printing correctly from Acrobat 6. Client uses QX 6.x and exports to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

I tried that but to no avail... I re-set the system, added the printer and still Acrobat only prints out single page jobs. Multiple and double side seems to go to the printer. Printer says: processing... but then just stops.

When printing from "Preview" it prints all of these files just fine and double sided or multiple single-sided no problems...

Albert

My system (just in case...): Mac Powerbook G4, OSX 10.4.9, 1Gb RAM, Acrobat 8 Professional version 8.0.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this is a pointer...

I tried to print from A8 to a postscript file via the pdf printer and it too did not work. I got a log file though that mentioned the following:

%%[ Error: syntaxerror; OffendingCommand: --nostringval-- ]%%

Stack:
/get_gstate
false

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

Maybe that is helpful?

Albert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2007 Jun 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preview (the Mac program, not a driver setting) was the cure for me..

I was getting the last page mirrored and upside down from InDesign and Acrobat but not from Word or Excel. I never run into it from PhotoShop, though.

Simply save your file as a PDF and open it in Preview. It prints perfectly every time for me.

Maybe this will help until the patch comes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2007 Jun 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just another message to this Forum. The problem is clearly with Acrobat 8 on Mac. Along with the duplex problem, it is incredibly slow just printing almost any document - at least 10 times slower than Preview on same document. The same document printed with Acrobat on "PC side" using Parallels works fine when it is running. Previous version of Acrobat 7 on Mac worked fine.

(Hardware is Macbook Pro, HP 1320).

It is essentially unusable as a printing program. Adobe is being negligent in fixing this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Adobe is being negligent in fixing this!

Have you tried the 8.1 update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used preview as well but seem to have a problem getting the photos to print with dark areas dark enough... The blacks seem to print much better as a Quark 6.5 file

G5 PowerPC OS 10.4.9 Acrobat 8.0 CS3. Printer HP p2015dn. Using a calibrated reference CRT (Artisan)

I couldn't get Acrobat 8.1 update to complete the install process. It just kept telling me Acrobat and Safari were still open. I couldn't install it no matter how many times I quit Acrobat and Safari.

Acrobat 8 seems to have some serious flaws as far as I can see and crashes almost every time I try to print. Is it possible to revert to Acrobat 7.x and still have it function properly?

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2007 Jun 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same message about Safari, (even though it had quit) but when I continued, the install ran and completed anyway. A8.1 now works fine. The 2 problems I originally identified have been fixed -- duplex printing of an odd number of pages and the 2 pages/page reverse printing.

One possible work around is to reboot (then Safari isn't running for sure) and then try the install.

I also continue to run A7, which I didn't uninstall. They both run without interferring with each other. With A8, after an OCR, I found that I couldn't properly copy an image, so I used A7 for that purpose. I haven't tested A8.1 to see if they fixed this problem as well.
--jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2007 Jun 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also find that Acrobat 8 Pro on MacOSX has printing problems. It will not print Acrobat 7 or earlier documents. Also, although the update to 8.1 may help, the update does not install. Apparently, it prompts the user to keep reinstalling with infinite recursion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After receiving the prompt from Adobe Updater, I quit all other applications before clicking on the link to download the update to Acrobat 8.1. Installation went without a hitch. I have used duplex printing on a couple of documents since. The duplex printing problem disappeared. All pages came out in the correct direction, with or without scaling. (MacBook, OS X 10.4.9, HP Laserjet 1200)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Cindy stated above, The update corrected the upside down and mirrored problem on my iMac Intel 2Core Duo with my HP 2605dn. I have, however, changed PDFs to open in Preview because Acrobat takes forever to print. It works for me until Adobe gets this fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2007 Jun 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printing problems here with Acrobat Pro 8.1

When I print a PDF it looks as though it is going through, but never gets to the printer. If I do the exact same thing in Acrobat Pro 7, it works perfect.

-JS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2007 Jun 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10.4.9, all updates applied BTW.

-JS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2007 Aug 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting CAD (mcd) files to pdf (Acrobat 8.1) on Mac OS 10.4.10.
PDFs appear fine on the screen.
Printing pdfs to any printer or plotter - the patterns (crosshatches, stipples) print out as black blobs. Have tried printing same pdf file from Windows pcs and to various plotters and printers - same problem.
No problem printing or plotting the root file. Only have problem printing an exported to pdf file.

Is this an issue with Acrobat 8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2007 Oct 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing is happening to me in Illustrator CS3. I got frustrated and went back to CS2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines