• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat 8 printing problems

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2006 Dec 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

duplex printing of a pdf file on either an hp 1320n or hp4300n, with OS X 10.4.8. Using several pdf fIles with odd number of pages, the last (odd) page is printed backwards and upside down. Every time.
If I print just the last page, it is printed backwards and upside down.
If I quit Acrobat 8, launch A8, and then print the last page, it prints correctly. This would seem to eliminate the printing subsystem.

single (no duplex printing) printing, two pages per page (print dialog box option), of a pdf file. First page (original first/second page) prints OK, subsequent pages printed backwards and upside down. (Also after a relaunch of A8).

MacBook Pro 17, OS X 10.4.8, 2G RAM, A8 version 8.0.0 (initial release)
What is going on? Can anyone repeat this behavior?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 136 Replies 136
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2007 Nov 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue happening here as stated by M Ling. Displays fine on the screen but when you print, it prints black blobs and/or a big striped area. Anyone have a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2007 Nov 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little update - Acrobat 8 is still a piece of garbage on any Xerox print driver in 10.4.9, but we found a fix for at least one problem.
Pages were printing with the margins cut off, like they were cropped. To stop that you have to go to Page Setup and select the printer and pick the page size. Printing on Letter size will then work.
But if we try to print on, say, 12x18 stock, the image crops down to 8.5x11 and prints in the middle of the page. Goes for all Xerox printers, including our brand-new iGen.
Who needs the hassle of a print menu when you can just copy the file to a disk and carry it over to the printer, open it and print it from the RIP. And while carrying that disk, we have something to do while a crashed Acrobat is restarting.
We're real close now - to going back to Acrobat 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2007 Nov 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> To stop that you have to go to Page Setup and select the printer and
> pick the page size.

Gee, I thought that was how Macs were supposed to work. It sounds like
your Page Setup has gotten stuck with settings you don't want. You can
change the setting to what you want and then save as default.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 03, 2009 Nov 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange that this 'cropping problem' with Acrobat printing is still a problem. It wasn't a few weeks ago (a month or so) for me, but now all of a sudden, my 13x19 page from Acrobat prints like it's a cropped 8.5x11 image area chopping off my print, advancing the page to that size and generally being unfixable. Printing from mac's preview works, though, but what a horrible work-around! Maybe the latest update from Adobe broke it, or the latest patches in the OS.. I have no idea.

I'm using mac os 10.5 (latest patches) and acrobat 8 (latest version/patches) with the Epson 1400 (latest driver). Guh..any other suggestions are welcome, but I suspect Epson will have to update their drivers and Adobe won't fix it judging from this forum and the dates of complaint or reoccurrence of complaints on the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 03, 2009 Nov 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, using preview, while it does work, makes a color shift that doesn't match my other printouts. Not a big deal if it was a one off and not an identity system that needs to match. installing reader 9.0 has the same cropping problem... any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2007 Nov 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I print to a Xerox Docucolor 6060 to a 12x18 sheet every day, and have no problems, as long as you go to Page Setup and select the page size and printer. Standard procedure I thought, and it works great for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2007 Nov 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 8 prints with margins n cutoff...i have tried different pg setup/default and not...sometimes rotating the image fixes it and seem not to matter which printer it prints to..Acro 7 doesn't do this...instead it prints with pg info within image. anyone have the address to report this problem. It's killing my production.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2007 Nov 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

There is an option in the print dialog box for page scaling. You can set
it to fit to printable area (which can shring or expand) or you can set
it to shrink to printable area. Either should take care of your problem.
You can check or uncheck the auto-rotate and center checkbox as desired.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2007 Nov 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gee, I thought that was how Macs were supposed to work....

Actually, in 7, you could choose your printer in the print dialog and go from there. Saved the extra step of going specifically to the Page Setup dialog. You can still do this, but you get what amounts to white boxes over the area that would have normally printed. So a letter-sized sheet only has a printing area of about 7x10, which obviously isn't acceptable.
And to clarify, these problems are with Xerox drivers and it is when you try to print directly from Acrobat to the copier. We use a 252 to print color-managed proofs, but the only way to avoid the cropped pages is for the operator to go to the copier and process the pdf through the RIP. I know, so what? Well, when you have a dozen designers printing proofs it gets a little busy at the RIP as opposed to hitting "print" and picking their proofs up at the delivery tray.
But thanks to whoever suggested using Preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2007 Dec 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LARGE FORMAT COLOR PRINTING ISSUE WITH ACROBAT 8
WE UPGRADED TO CS3, WHEN EVER WE SEND A PRINT @ ANY SIZE A2 A1 A0 ECT
IT CROPS THE PRINT, PAPER SIZE IS CORRECT IN BOTH MENUS, BUT FROM ACROBAT 7 ITS FINE I UPGRADED FIRMWARE ON THE HP AND REINSTALLED LATEST DRIVER, AND UPDATED ABAT 8 WITH THE LATEST PATCH NOTHING WORKS
A4 A3 SRA3 ALL PRINT FINE TO OUR XEROX 250ST, 2060 ,7000 AND OUR OCE TDS860 THIS ONLY SEEMS TO BE AND ISSUE WITH THE HP. CAN ANYONE HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2007 Dec 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S_,

Typing in all caps is considered yelling. It also makes your post harder
to read. Try to use the page scaling options when printing via Acrobat 8.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2007 Dec 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my latest experience this is yet another Adobe CS3 (release status) issue. I can confirm the same type of odd printing problems across a very broad rang of computing platforms (Linux, Mac & Win XP Pro) and hp LaserJet printers. A patch should hopefully coming soon when Adobe grasps that this is indeed a software problem.<br />The same PDF's that print fine using Acrobat Reader or Acrobat Pro <v8 print fine, v8+ seems to cause various printing problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 02, 2008 Jan 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a G5 using 10.4.11

I've just recently updated to CS3 which obviously includes Acrobat 8.

If I open any PDFs in Acrobat 8 and send them to the printer (HP Laserjet 2550 Ln) the printed version comes out all red/brown.

If I open the same PDF in Acrobat 6 and send it to the same printer, it comes out ok.

And if I open and print in Preview it comes out ok.

So there's no doubt where the problem lies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating your driver. HP drivers are notorious for having problems
with Acrobat. It probably has something to due their clonescript. If you
were on a PC I would advise using a non-postscript printer driver.

As a temporary workaround you could print as image. In Acrobat 8.1 you
can set the resolution of the printout which overcomes some of the
issues using it previously. Of course, printing is slower due to the
massive amount of information at high dpi that must be sent to the printer.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try printing to PDF using the Adobe 8.0 printer driver (which has the best resolution control when creating PDF's) it sends the job to the Adobe 8.0 printer, which runs Distiller and then pauses. Nothing will allow the job to process without continuously pausing.

I've only noticed this problem since upgrading to Leopard.

Running MBP Core2Duo 2.4Mh, OS 10.5.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jack,

You need to wait for the Jan/Feb update. This is a known problem with
Acrobat under 10.5

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 03, 2008 Jan 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to comment on my own message from a couple of days ago because I've just discovered another quirk of Acrobat 8 and HP Laserjet 2550Ln.

My problem was........

"I'm on a G5 using 10.4.11
I've just recently updated to CS3 which obviously includes Acrobat 8.
If I open any PDFs in Acrobat 8 and send them to the printer (HP Laserjet 2550 Ln) the printed version comes out all red/brown."

I've now discovered that this problem only happens if I create the Postscript document using Distiller on the pre-set "Standard" and then print the subsequent PDF.

If I create the Postscript using Distiller on the pre-set "Press Quality" then the printed PDF comes out ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but it is not a page scaling issue, the image prints @ 100%
on the correct size paper but the image is cropped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike:

Thanks. Just to be clear, is it an Adobe or Apple update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having a print problem. All the options on the print dialogue such as print current page or print page # to # are gone. I've checked the printers for driver updates. They are up to date.

We are using Acrobat Prof 8.1.1 and Macs running Leopard.

thanks for any help or info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its an Adobe update, even though Adode swaers up and down and side to side its apple's fault. Yet Only Acrobat and reader only exhibit the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I've had problems with printing backwards and upside down or not being able to print at all. I usually get around this by printing one page at a time, but what a hassle.

I did fix my other problem with the print dialogue. It was my fault. The new dialogue box got me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2008 Jan 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using HP LaserJet 2500L on Mac OS 10.4.11 and Acrobat Prof 8.1.1, pdf documents are not printing correctly.
All logos, pictures, text boxes have a red background.
I have the latest driver from HP but the printer is fine. Problem is related to Acrobat 8.1.1
Any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alain,

Are you creating the PDFs through Distiller? I have an identical setup to yours and I was getting the same red effect. I've discovered that it only happens when I had the Distiller pre-set on "Standard". If I had the pre-set on "Print quality" the red effect doesn't happen.

My workaround is to open the PDF in my old Acrobat 6 and print it from there.

Also, have you noticed that in Acrobat 8 if you select "print crop marks" they don't actually appear. But if you print the same PDF from Acrobat 6 the crop marks do show up.

But you're right that the problem is related to Acrobat 8 because I never had trouble with 6, and nothing else has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey folks I have a suggestion to find out whether its the print Driver or some bug that Adobe refuses to admit (typical) All PDF's can be open by Apple's Preview and you can setup to print double sided there.

If it prints okay their then its adobe no ifs, ands, and, buts about it.

If the same problems identically show up, the its the print driver.

Adobe and HP have a constant love/hate wrestling match relationship. Everytime Adobe puts in a new feature or tweaks a setting, they almost always break Hp Print Drivers.

You'd think two major companies could get along and work to make sure when one thing is updated it doesn't break. ITs funny in a way its almost like the Mickey commercial for Total Cereal. I'm not Going to, eat, You eat it. I'm not going to eat it, You eat it! Give to Mickey he eats anything ;-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines