• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat 8 printing problems

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2006 Dec 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

duplex printing of a pdf file on either an hp 1320n or hp4300n, with OS X 10.4.8. Using several pdf fIles with odd number of pages, the last (odd) page is printed backwards and upside down. Every time.
If I print just the last page, it is printed backwards and upside down.
If I quit Acrobat 8, launch A8, and then print the last page, it prints correctly. This would seem to eliminate the printing subsystem.

single (no duplex printing) printing, two pages per page (print dialog box option), of a pdf file. First page (original first/second page) prints OK, subsequent pages printed backwards and upside down. (Also after a relaunch of A8).

MacBook Pro 17, OS X 10.4.8, 2G RAM, A8 version 8.0.0 (initial release)
What is going on? Can anyone repeat this behavior?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 136 Replies 136
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2007 Mar 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ferando, the only workaround is for the 2-pages-up per page problem. there is an alternate way using A8 (look in "Page Scaling:" menu) instead of the Mac print dialog to do this. It seems to work.
--jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2007 Mar 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,
I am facing a problem with Adobe Acrobat 8 . We have our postscript drivers and looks like it generates errors while printing. ( for settings : Booklet - saddle - which sets Duplex and Face up internally ).
Same driver , same settings work with Adobe Acrobat 7.0

Any idea why its happening ? Is is a known problem with acrobat 8.0 by any chance ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2007 Mar 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Similar problem with Mac Pro OSX 10.4.9 using OKI 7200 to print. The first page come out mirrored the rest were fine. Reinstalled print driver no joy. Cut a long story short we are now using AR7 and Acrobat 7 to solve this issue. So is it AR8 code or the way Rosetta is handling it as it doesn't seem to be a problem for Power PC systems? Or is it?

Dave
ACHDS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2007 Mar 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. They should fix their bug. Also the updater doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2007 Mar 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I talked to my friend that works at Adobe this morning and they are working on a bug fix release. No schedule.
--jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2007 Apr 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get Acrobat 8 to print duplex.

I print on two HP 4550 printers that have working duplexers. I have checked all print options and everything is set correctly. I can print the very same files duplex using another PC that has Acrobat 6.

I'm stumped.

Anyone have any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2007 Apr 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that A8 "natively" prints duplex. Using the Mac's print dialog box, under the "Layout" menu, there are 2 radio buttons near the bottom for "two-sided" printing for either long or short edge binding. I normally click the "long-edged binding" button.

I have had no problems with duplex printing from A8 for docs with an even number of pages. (Unless I print them two to a page.) Click on "Show All Messages" to see messages #2-#28 for more information.
--jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2007 Apr 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have also experienced issues with duplex printing from Acrobat 8 on Xerox devices.
Print more than one copy of a document with an odd number of pages and specify duplex in the print driver.
The first page of the second copy will be printed as the last page of the first copy. Acrobat 7 would create a blank page as the last page but, Acrobat 8 is not creating the blank last page.
Same effect on B/W and Color devices.
Anybody know of a workaround?
MacBook Pro, OS 10.4.9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2007 Apr 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look how many months later and still no update. Still some .pdf's that I try to print with on my networked hp laserjet 3052 print, while others do not. I end up having to go preview and printing them in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2007 Apr 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I choose 2 pages per sheet via 'Layout', I am having the problem of mirror images after the first pair of pages (1 sheet). When I choose 'multiple pages' via 'Scaling', printing simply stops after the first pair of pages (1 sheet), and the image prints much smaller. (I only tried the 'Scaling' route on the LaserJet below.) Relaunching Acrobat did not help.

Adobe Acrobat 8.0.0
MacBook, OS 10.4.9
2 printers tried: LaserJet 1200 and Epson Stylus CX7800

Is there any way to know ifanyone at Adobe paying attention to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2007 Apr 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't print duplex? That's ok, I can't print anything at all from Acrobat 8. I now have eight non-functioning licenses for Acrobat 8 and have blown an equal amount on plug-in updates that don't work right, either...
I actually had to change the permissions of 8 to 'no access' so the "Open with Acrobat 7.0.9" setting in Get Info actually works and doesn't launch v.8 anyway.. or else I stare endlessly at the beachball...
But on the PC, you're required to remove all previous versions before installing, so I'll probably have to reinstall Acrobat 7 there.
I definitely installed this update too soon and I recommend you find a guinea pig to iron out the bugs before installing it yourself. All things considered, this one was one of the most difficult, time-consuming and costly pieces of software I have installed since the days before Jaguar.
I'm sure updates will fix this, but I wish they'd wait a little longer to release something that works and not be so worried about rushing to release the next paid upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2007 Apr 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked the "Check for updates" from the A8 Help menu and it says there are "no updates available". So, what "update" did you install?

A8 prints just fine as long as I don't use "duplex" printing for an odd number of pages... etc, etc. (I'm on OS X 10.4.9)
--jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2007 Apr 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jack,
I believe by "update" he was referring to 8.0 from 7.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2007 Apr 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KENSTER8, (or anyone else...) did you get any help for your Acro8 printing issues? I can't print to laserprinter, job just disappears. If I send job to a RIP, it comes out WAY wrong...(seperations wrong, etc.) Acro7 works fine. (THANK LORD)....

Hmmm...just realized this topic is pretty new...so I doubt anyone has an answer yet....this Acro update may have been rushed...having issues with Ps CS3 now too...not good...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here, Acrobat reader 8 has this last-page-in-mirror problem while 7 works fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently the windose version of A8 works fine (refr: Adobe engineering manager).
--jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2007 Apr 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with Acrobat 8 just shutting down when trying to print. It prints nothing and closes Acrobat. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a month-old Dell Optiplex GX620.

I can't say that Acrobat 8 always "works fine" I am having a devil of a time figuring out why I can print duplex consistently with Acrobat 6, but not with Acrobat 7 or 8.

I was unable to get Acrobat 7 to print duplex at all, period. With Acrobat 8, sometimes I can and sometimes I can't. I have checked the printer setups repeatedly and despite having the same exact printer settings, sometimes Acrobat 8 will print duplex and sometimes it won't. I have tried soft-booting and hard-booting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for the entire thread, click on "Show All Messages"

The odd number of pages duplex printing prob is most definitely an A8 problem, not a printer or Mac problem. Confirmed by Adobe tech support. A fix is coming.

Trefilov22: that is a new problem Haven't seen it. Sounds like an OS X problem. I frequently see Safari shut down when going to certain URLs which is a Safari problem, so we really can't tell for sure. Rebooting should help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2007 Apr 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started. I print and the font is some weird font with symbols and things with it. I have reinstalled and it still does this. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2007 Apr 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brad,

What printer? What driver? An initial step would be to remove and
re-install the printer driver. You can also try to look for damaged
fonts. You can also search for AdobeFnt.lst files are remove them.
They will be regenerated as needed.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2007 Apr 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use to have the problem all the time of my printer losing its mind and just printing weird characters on its own. You'd have to turn the machine off for a while then back on.

with my my DJ990cse printer. I haven't had the problem since the last printer driver update couple of years ago or more. On my previous printer a DJ-650c I use to have the problem all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not the drive, it is 100% adobe. All of these problems are occurring across a long line of printers. On Laserjet 3052, I can still print any of the Pdf's in Preview, its Acrobat in which I and everyone here are having these printer problems. I really wish Adobe would get on the case with this Acrobat is an expensive program, and to be honest I've found that 8.0 is really great, but these things need to get fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2007 Apr 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeremy,

Have you contacted Adobe Technical Support directly or filed a bug
report. They cannot fix something if (a) they do not know about it and
(b) reproduce it. This forum is not part of Adobe technical support.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just purchased a new hp colorlaser 2600n printer and am not able to print from my imac with OS10.4.9. Recently installed adobe 8.0 reader and think this is the problem. It prints everything else but pdf documents. I downloaded and installed all hps software and firmware updates and still no output from my pdf files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines