Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat 9 Distiller job options

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2009 Feb 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open Distiller, I get the error:

Error in /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PDF/Settings/PDFX4 2007.joboptions:
/CheckCompliance out of range

What I'm not sure about is as the install is only a drag and drop from the Disc, where it's supposed to get the job options from?

If it uses ones from older versions, I don't want to delete them. However, it doesn't have any distill options when I open it, I'm assuming because it won't load the rest after it's had a problem with that one.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 01, 2011 Jun 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

.joboptions files are text files, so you can edit the data directly.

I opened up the joboptions file that was causing the error in a Text Editor. (Note, text editor, not word processor!)

Open PDFX4 2008.joboptions

Find:

/CheckCompliance [

/PDFX4:2008

replace with:

/CheckCompliance [

/PDFX3:2002

Obviously, if you need to use this joboption file in InDesign or whatever, then the compliance may be broken. However, from what I can gather, PDF X/4 is exactly the same as PDF X/3, except that it supports links to external data ("OPI-like").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines