• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Crashes with Multiple Monitors

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat will 100% crash when I try to drag it from the built-in display to an external monitor. I also try other Adobe products (Audition, Premiere, etc) and it seems that Acrobat is the only one having this problem.

However, this problem did not occur when I was still using macOS High Sierra and the previous version of the Acrobat.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)

OS Version: macOS Mojave (10.14)

Software Version: 2019.008.20074

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Hi,

Apple has acknowledged that issue is at their end and they have a fix ready for this. Fix will be available as part of their upcoming update. Please let us know if the issue still exists post that.

Thanks for your patience and co-operation!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered this same issue way before Mohave—may have started with Sierra. However, I found that Acrobat DC would work perfectly when my 2015 MacBook Pro (MBP) was connected to my two DisplayPort-based 27" Dell 4K displays. However, when my MBP was connected to my older DVI-based displays (20" Wacom Cintiq and a 12" Wacom Cintiq), Acrobat DC would crash every time I dragged its window to either Cintiq. I felt the issue was better OS support for DisplayPort-based displays than older DVI-based displays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both my monitors are connected by display port.  On the dark one is plugged into an display port and on the other it is plugged into a thunderbolt three port. Since this one is marked answered I wonder if we should start a new discussion since the problem was now marked solved.  Clearly the issue  was not solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed a work around is not solving the issue, if another thread is started I will post again.

BTW I run three monitors with a Mac Pro, I can can get the PDF document to move between two but not the third!?.  Adobe if your still following this thread I don't care if it is Mac OS issue, I am paying for your software and it does not work! Get together with Apple and get it resolved, please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still a problem. Acrobat DC crashes every time I move a pdf from one display to another on my MBP running Mojave 10.14. if it opens by default on the laptop display.

As a workaround, I found that if you:

1. open the pdf
  2. right click the Adobe Acrobat icon in the dock
  3. Select: "Options" > assign to "Desktop on Display 2"

It will crash, but then when you reopen it, it will open on the second display and you can then move it to other displays without it crashing. Weird, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't have that option unfortunately.

Also I have this issue too since today. I shoved around PDFs from screen to screen pretty often but the issue just popped up today. Really annoying. If I try to open Acrobat on the external screen it crashes instantly… opening documents opens them on the laptop-screen without crashing. But as soon as 50%+ of the window reaches the secondary monitor it crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@joseph

Interesting. I didn't think to try that. I assigned it over there and mine didn't crash when it switched. I then dragged it back and forth and I expected it to crash but it did not. I'll keeping messing around. I'm thankful for that find even it's not the solution, which we very much need!

I wonder what will happen when I disconnect from the dock and only have my laptop screen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My success didn't hold out. It was so bad that I couldn't even open Acrobat today. I deleted all the preferences and I'm at least being able to open it. This is horrible. Nothing else is doing this except Acrobat, so I can't hardly blame Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, new MacBook pro 13" connected to Thunderbolt and EIZO monitors, Mojave 10.14.

Acrobat crashes every time I try and move window from 1 monitor to another.

COME ON ADOBE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue still continues today. Running latest version of Mac OS and latest version of Acrobat. Crashes 100% of the time when I try to move the window to another monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue still continues, and significantly impacts productivity.

Refund of subscription fees?

Adobe: You need to fix this! Communicate with your user base: What's the plan, what's the action, what's the timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This crash has NOT been sorted, its getting to be a big pain, please fix!

Mbp 2017 external USB C 4K monitor (unusable)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This questions has not been answered correctly. The problem persists. I still have issues with Acrobat a month later and after the most recent updates. It crashes when I perform certain actions like cropping on my second screen. I have installed the Mojave 14.1 update and all of the Acrobat updates. Adobe, please fix this issue ASAP even if you need Apple for this. This is getting ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an iMac running the latest version of Mojave with a second monitor. If I try to drag Acrobat from 1 monitor screen to the other it crashes every time. So now Acrobat is permanently "stuck" on my 2cnd monitor - I can't get it back to the iMac screen.

Also when I open a PDF, Acrobat "hangs" for about 5-6 seconds (spinning beachball), and then it displays the PDF correctly.

When is Adobe going to put out an update to fix these issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the icon on the taskbar at the bottom you can right click on it and then select options and then choose which desktop to open on. Will that work?

I wonder all the time why Adobe can't fix this. Nobody else seems to have these issues, even in their software suite, so in my mind it's in Adobe's court.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good tip! I'll try that later when I'm back in the office.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

unfortunately I don't find anything that suggests "select desktop ...

taskbar.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what it should look like if you have multiple displays:

Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 9.31.59 AM.png

I'm not sure why those options wouldn't show up for you.

Are these options selected in System Preferences?

Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 9.34.18 AM.png

The option to mirror displays may also not allow this but then you shouldn't have the problem either.

That would be the only thing I can think of that would not allow it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have still the 'Acrobat crash problem' on my 2018 MBP 15", OSX 10.14.1. With 30" LG external screen connected.

The options which Brycesteiner suggests, It does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having this issue with Acrobat even with the 10.14.1 update for Mac. Has there been any resolution yet from Apple or Adobe? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS X Mojave, 10.14.1 running on 2017 MBP. Issue: Acrobat crashing when trying to move it from  one monitor to the other. Thought I would throw this out to everyone. After spending quite a bit of time uninstalling and reinstalling my Acrobat DC, I still had crashing issues when moving it. So I went to my System Preferences and clicked Mirror Monitors. Once I did that, I had Acrobat on the screen I wanted. I reset back to side but side monitors and VOILA, Acrobat stayed put where I wanted it. It now opens and I can move it between monitors without it crashing at all.

Go ahead and try this simple solution to see if that works for you. If not, you may need to uninstall and reinstall Acrobat DC first, then try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this fix and works for me! Without having to reinstall Acrobat DC.

Good work @virtualc1!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, Paramjeet the pinned answer is 100% INcorrect and should be taken down. Even if it is on Apple's side, the problem has persisted despite the 10.14.1 update.

On a brighter note, I also tried the virtualc1​ fix and it worked. Thanks for posting, hope it helps other people as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having issues with my Mac Pro and 3 screens. I got it to work on two by starting with one off but can not get the third to work- even when the display is off as soon as I get more then half off the neighboring running display the app crashes. Frustrating! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@virtual1 Thank you. Your solution worked for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MAC OS Mojave, running on 2016 MBP. Was experiencing the same issue, as commented earlier in this post. Installed the 10.14.1 updated this morning (11-29-2018), and problem is now fixed. No other changes made in the meantime. MAC OS update appears to cure the problem today (for me at least). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines