• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Crashing / Google Drive Sync Issue

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having two issues that may be related.  I am on a Mac, current OS and Acrobat DC Pro up to date as well.  I am having frequent app crashes.  Also, some files will not sync through google drive for desktop.  The simply try to sync but they never finish.  If I open some files (and I do not edit or save them, only view) causes my mac to see the file as being modified, and a sync starts that wont finish.  I suspect it has something to do with my fonts - I say this becuase I get errors about some fonts not being available (even thought they are in my font book).  Its becoming a problem for using acrobat, but also for syncing my files.  Has anyone seen this, any ideas on how to fix.  Having been using these tools for a long time, this is new.  And coincided with intalling some fonts in my font book.   Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community (forums) to Acrobat Pro DC.]

Which operating system?  macOS Catalina, Big Sur or Monterey?

Are you attempting to open a PDF directly from Google Drive?  Or are you downloading & saving the PDF to your hard drive first?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monterey 12.3.1  Opening pdf from desktop.  Upon opening there is no immediate issue.  But some files automatically act if they are saved (modified) when they are not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for reaching out.

As the application is crashing, please ensure that you are using the latest version of the application. You may check the latest updated version available on the following page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html

Try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html

If the above steps don't help, remove the application and run the cleaner tool (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html). Reboot the Mac and reinstall the application from the following page: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

You have mentioned that when you open the PDF from Google Drive to view it, it shows as modified. 

Would it be possible for you to share the screen recording showing the same? 

Share the Acrobat version currently in use.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am up to date on the app. (I installed new version a week or two ago).  I have done the troubleshooting steps, and issues continues.   Here is phtoo of my google drive which currently cannot sync this 300k file.Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 2.45.22 PM.png

The only was to get this to resolved to force quite drive for desktop and restart it (and it spends a lot of time resyncing everything, which is less than convenient.  As far a a screen recording on the issue you ask about, let me work on that one, but its a file (old ones) that are on my mac (and synced from the cloud on google drive).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file did finally sync without a restart, but took 15 minutes on a fast connect, its always pdf files, and only pdf file that are causing this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my notes below.  I dont have a screen video, but every time I open a pdf and simply close it, it triggers a sync, one had been running for 45 minutes now.  Did nothing to the file.  Its on my desktop, I opened it, and closed it.  I can show you on a screen share but cannot post a video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jerry!

Sorry for the delay in response.

Please try updating the application to the latest version. Check if you experience the same behavior.

In the application, go to Help menu > Check for updates. You may also check the latest updates for Acrobat on the following page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html

If the issue persists, we need logs to get this checked.

Share the Acrobat version number and confirm if you are using Mac OS Monterey 12.3.1 version.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with one of our users. I am the IT support person for the company. I try to uninstall and reinstall both Adobe and google drive, and It still crashing. Additionally, it always tries to resync everything which takes a long time! One thing that the user has noticed is that when she is at home Vs. when she is out in another network. At the office Google and Adobe are fast and works as it suppose to, but at her house, Google push a resync of everything in the folodesr, and when she tries to open a document through Adobe it loads and crashes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that the issue still persists, Would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://adobe.ly/3IWiA8a, Procmon logs (Win Only)  https://adobe.ly/4cBnqVS  and Crash/freeze logs https://adobe.ly/3IQGamR and share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the log file to the cloud and generate the link and share that link with us for further investigation.

Also, make sure you have the recent version 24.01.20615 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines