Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC - Adding a Page in Middle of Multipage Document with Button Click

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

We have created a 16 page PDF with fields on each page for the user to fill out (attached). 

On page 6 we have a button called Add Circuit Breaker Page. This button has the following JavaScript attached to create a duplicate of the Circuit Breaker Test Report page in the PDF. 

var a = this.getTemplate("Circuit Breaker");
a.spawn();
this.calculateNow()

Screenshot 2022-03-08 174047.jpg

We need the new added page to appear as page 7 in the multipage PDF. Instead, the new page is added at the end of the PDF as page 17 - which we do not want. Is there a way for us to make the button click on page 6 to add the new page on page 7 instead of the end of the document? 

Thanks for your help,

Brian

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Replace your script by this one:

a.spawn(6, false, false);
this.calculateNow();

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can specify a Page number with spawn command, something like

a.spawn ( 6);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding and helping with my question!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replace your script by this one:

a.spawn(6, false, false);
this.calculateNow();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the new script! This worked perfectly. Appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JR Boulay 

The script is working great to create a first duplicate page with the fields empty for the user to fill out. However, if we have the button with the script on the duplicated page, and try to create another duplicate from the duplicate, the new added page contains the data entered into the fields from the previous page.

Is there a way we can prevent this from happening? There is a possibility we could have a dozen new pages created via this method based on the electrical needs. 

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, just change the bRename parameter, like this:

a.spawn(6, true, false);
// this.calculateNow(); // this line is useless

You should read this, about the Template methods: https://opensource.adobe.com/dc-acrobat-sdk-docs/acrobatsdk/html2015/Acro12_MasterBook/JS_API_AcroJS...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the solution and the link. The Template options info will be a great resource for us. 

Have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JR Boulay 

We are having issues with the new pages we are creating via the script is also duplicating the content we are adding to the fillable fields. We need each page to be blank based on the original template and not have the entered text from a previous page copied. I am not finding the solution in the Template link you supplied. Do you have any suggestions? 

Thank you,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JR Boulay  - if it helps here is the file with the script you submitted. The button is on page 6. It adds blank pages but also copies any text added to one of the new pages on the other new pages added. Please give it a try and see how it works for you. Thank you for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replace the whole script by:

this.getTemplate("Circuit Breaker").spawn(this.numPages-10, true, false);

It works fine (tested).

Don't ask me why but in this document if the script don't indicate the page number in a relative way the automatic numbering doesn't work. I suppose it's because page 6 and the hidden template page are identical and contain fields with the same name but I'm not sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JR Boulay  - this worked perfectly! A couple of us have done some testing and not seeing any problems. Thanks for sending the updates script and alignment screenshot! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is another thing you should now.

Enjoy!  😉

Capture_233.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I tried to follow the formella in your comments for my PDF form for action buttons but it did not work. Is it possible if you can help me with my form? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The file attached does not appear to have any code (unless I just missed it), are you able to upload your file with your attempt so that we can provide feedback on the code you created, this forum is for us to help you, not really for us to do the work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tired to you the code listed in the chate but it did not work, if you can direct me to what I need to place instead of the below:

var a = this.getTemplate("");
a.spawn(#, true, false);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"var a = this.getTemplate("???");"

You omitted the template name, see example above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I name the pages, I tried to put the title of the page and it did not work. I also tried to put the number of the page, also did not work. I tried severl options. All did not give me the ablity to regenerate the page or any page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I found another soultions on the web and I was able to fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines