Exit

Acrobat DC and Reader DC are locking up

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro DC - Continuous Release - Version 2019.021.20049
Acrobat Reader DC - Continuous Release - Version 2019.021.20049

Opening just the program locks up when loading the home screen. I have to open a file to have the program function. I can't open just the program either version.

Password protected pdf files fail to load. The password box comes up but the program locks if you click on the password box.

This is happening to several machines in our office as well as other users outside of our office that we have emailed password protected files to.

Can no longer open a pdf file attachment from an Outlook email that is being created.  Our users like to open the attached pdf to verify that it is the correct file before sending.

I downloaded the Oct 24 optional update patches and still have the problem.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you pls. let us know if this is the issue with password protected pdf files only or for file without password also. Also pls. provide us with the process dump while the Acrobat application is in a not responding state. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html

Thanks,

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not only password protected files because I can't even open Acrobat DC without opening a file.  The program just hangs and won't let me click on any menu.  How do you want me to send you the dump files?

Here's a link to the Reader and Acrobat dump files.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/7afp8br359ek6pu/DumpFiles.zip?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe I have the same issue, or a similar one.  I only open Adobe Reader DC by opening a file, and that works fine.  However, when I have the program open and close all of the files so that I get back to the home screen, the program freezes.  I think I was able to improve the issue by reducing the number of file that show in the Recent list.  I am going to try setting that parameter to zero to see if that fixes it.

I am using the exact same version as the original poster in this thread.  The issue began recently after I updated Adobe DC Reader.  I use an HP machine running Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines