Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC crashes - Play embedded video

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a PDF file created last year with InDesign, who contains several embedded videos.

This week I realized that when I open the PDF file with Acrobat DC/ or Acrobat Reader, each time one of the video should start, Acrobat DC directly craches.

Are you expericing the same?

It seems this is due to the last update of Acrobat.

Any idea how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Stephane

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Hi community, this is an ongoing issue with Windows Media Playback that we are investigating with Microsoft. The issue is primarliy affecting devices which have both and integrated graphics processor along with a discrete graphics card. While we are working on solving the underlying problem, we have discovered a temporary workaround which works by setting a default GPU for Acrobat. The workaround can be implemented using the Windows 10 Display Settings:

gauranja_0-1613734660739.png

Under Display Settings, head on over to Gra

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me. Latest Adobe Reader DC 64-bit (2021.007.20099) crashes on PDFs with embedded videos. even after making the desired changes. I can no longer access important eBooks with embedded videos. Need a real fix ASAP. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, thank you! No way I could've figured this out by myself!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! Worked for me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was SO hoping this would solve my issue.  When I imbed a video into a PDF in the most current version of Acrobat using a very short MP4 video created with Adobe Rush, all I get is a black box with a green line playing the audio when I hit the play button.  Windows 10.  Just went through all the steps and then tried again, no change.  Still just a green audio line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try following the steps in this community thread. It doesnt really solve the problem totally, but it allows you to actually see the videos. The drawback that we still need an answer on from Adobe is why the graphics card impacts the video playing back. In order for anyone else to view your PDF with videos, they have to follow the same steps. 

defaultvqafl4svh6bd_0-1638108048346.png

Under Display Settings, head on over to Graphics Settings:

defaultvqafl4svh6bd_2-1638108048312.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I already did all of that and I still only get a green audio line.

And if all of my customers are going to have the same issue, then it is not worth it to put it into my product line.

I certainly hope Adobe and Microsoft are able to figure a way out of this.

My other option is going to have to be selling a package of both the PDF and a seperate file of the how-to video.

The problem with that is, many customers are not at all internet or computer savvy and are not going to understand/realize that they need to download two seperate files to obtain their entire purchase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem.
Is there a perfect solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines