• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC Fill and Sign feature crashes program.

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I'm currently running into an issue with Acrobat DC's Fill and Sign feature for signing a document where any time I use fill and sign and type in ACC it crashes the entire program. I've tried running repairs on the program and uninstalling and reinstalling and it continues to do this. I'm trying to type in ACC because it is part of my job title but can't because it crashes after the second c is typed. It does not do this with any other AC combination, only ACC. It also doesn't matter if the letters are uppercase or lower case. It seems the letter combination itself is causing the crash. Has anyone come across an issue like this or know of a solution?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When they sent us the fix they sent this with it. Seems stupid and if the links still worked I'd sent them to you guys but they don't and I didn't save the files but I know it works.  "This is a private fix patch that we are sharing with you. Please don't share this info.”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

....riiiiight..... I hope you have entered any credit card information anywhere since then!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol. The files were legit and actually corrected the issue. They were DLL files which I know can contain call back sections for viruses but luckly this computer is only used to fill out information for landscaping layout and nothing important...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Acrobat DC has become unusable. Not clear why the 'private patch' files are not made available when I message support. Our org uses Acrobat alot, this is a pain!.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user that uses this all day everyday and needs the fix . Please assist if that means sharing the private fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try:

• Go to https://cloud.acrobat.com/ and sign in with your credentials.
• At the top right corner of the screen, you will see an dropdown with your username on it.
• Click it and go to Settings. make sure the yellow part is unclicked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found this in the other thread and it works. Thanks for posting it, Millan.

This raises another question, though. Why would you locate settings that control the day to day functionality of an OFFLINE application ONLINE accessible only by a browser and account login??

I realize Acrobat DC is a 'cloud' application but it still functions as one installed on your computer... having to go to the browser to turn off key settings is unacceptable, IMO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like the cached autofill suggestions are overflowing the memory buffer, causing the crash. 

Scenario 1.  My users who ARE NOT crashing use a "fresh" PDF form that hasn't had information previously entered or saved

Scenario 2. My users who ARE crashing are using an heavily used PDF form (utilized hundreds to thousands of times per month) that is saved and they simply overwrite the form's previously filled data, enter something new, and then save.... which likely fills up the Suggestions cache for that particular file; that file will have thousands of unique fill and sign entries in the course of their work.

There's nothing wrong with either of my user's usage, as autofill/suggestions is intended to improve clerical efficiency for forms that are used often, as well as data that is entered often.

Adobe really needs to fix this.  I can remedy this by disabling autofill Suggestions, but it then tanks my worker's efficiency since they have to re-enter data that they could have otherwise autofilled via Suggestions.  Adobe needs to utilize some kind of cleanup process for handling the cached Suggestions data, because it's overflowing the memory buffer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, having this problem too!

Turning off auto-suggestions worked but pretty incredible so many people are reporting this issue and Adobe hasn't fixed it by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having almost the same problem that just started in past couple days.  I have been working on a document in the "Fill and Sign" and am able to save it only 1 time, then it locks up the whole program.  the only way I can get out of program, is with the task manager.  I then have to reboot computer to be able to work on document again and after the 1 save, it locks up again, and have to use task manager and reboot to continue.  Very Frustrating.  Doing the repair installation and reinstalling the program did not fix this.   I use Windows 10.

Are there any fixes for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this going into forms and turning off the auto-complete, and that seems to have helped.  I do have the latest update which didn't help the fix and send issue.

Version: 19.12.20034.328841

Creation Date: 2019/05/02

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have shipped an new update in May and I will request all of you to please make sure that you are on the latest version. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Please let us know in case you still experience the issue.

Regards,
Sandeep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the newest version: 19.012.20034.

But, it still crashes.  Acrobat gets a bit further than before: now it will show my signature under the "fill and sign" icon when I click on that icon.  However, after about 1 second, Acrobat closes itself.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro v1809 build 17763.437.  I have the latest patches installed on it.

So, I'm still experiencing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi charless40132199,

Could you please share the following :

1. Do you see a crash only when you enter the Fill and Sign app? Can you try using some other application on the PDF?

2. Does the crash happens with all PDF's or some specific PDF? If possible can you share a sample PDF with us.

3. Kindly enable automatic crash dump generation on your machine by following the below steps :

You can directly mail me at [Personal details removed by the moderator]

Thanks and Regards,
Sandeep Grover

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to some other error in updating, I ended up uninstalling Acrobat DC (and any other Adobe products) and then reinstalling.  The install took a long time, but its now working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, that would NOT work for me.  My version crashes only when I try to sign myself, but works fine when I send to others to sign.  I have way too many paid add-ons attached to Acrobat to just do a complete wipe and reinstall.  I'd spend half a day getting new install codes from my suppliers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for writing out to us. Kindly enable automatic crash dump generation on your machine by following the below steps :

1. Download the dump generation reg file from https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/0ce1df07-ddd3-4b8f-9bda-13ce2260a198.
  2. Double click and run the dump.reg file.
  3. Once the registry is successfully applied, the crash dumps will get generated in "C:\dumps" folder.
  4. Try to reproduce the crash in Reader and share the crash dump with us.

Please let us know in case of any query.

Regards,

Sandeep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, like no.  I'm not going to run a registry file from a Level 1 user on my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for writing out to us. Kindly enable automatic crash dump generation on your machine by following the below steps :

1. Download the dump generation reg file from https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/0ce1df07-ddd3-4b8f-9bda-13ce2260a198.
  2. Double click and run the dump.reg file.
  3. Once the registry is successfully applied, the crash dumps will get generated in "C:\dumps" folder.
  4. Try to reproduce the crash in Reader and share the crash dump with us.

Please let us know in case of any query.

Regards,

Sandeep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm late to the party..  Having this issue on 1x(edit: a few) users account so far.  Ran a repair, nada.  Where can I send these dumps to?

Edit:  Adobe Acrobat DC 19.012.20034 on Windows 10 1809 Build 17763.503

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

You may share a link to dumps over here using the steps provided here How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

Or you can share the file in a private message. Take the help of the steps provided in the following help link to initiate a private message.

- How Do I Send Private Message

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like our issue was Net Documents.  They said they fixed the issue and that Adobe released another update that triggered the issue again with their add-on.  I asked them to update their documentation a week ago and they still have not.

Net Document users are impacted by Fill and Sign crash still.

Special thanks to the CSR, she got another call with a person running Net Documents and made the connection: CRM:01150000005612

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense (I'm a Net Documents user as well).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They(NetDocs) just pushed an optional update that has fixed this on our side.

IDK the link policy here.  The version # is 2.5.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any type of resolution to this crashing issue when trying to use Fill & Sign feature?
For my user (using Win 10) we have tried the repair, turning off "Suggest words", and uninstalling and reinstalling and they still keep crashing, no matter the PDF they are trying to sign. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines