• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC freezing or "not responding"

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed Acrobat DC.  I previously used Foxit Phantom.  Now when I am in "My Computer" and I either mouse-over or try to open a PDF file, it freezes for about 10 seconds and says "not responding" at the top.  It always works again after the 7-10 seconds.  Very annoying.  This never happened when using Foxit.  Has anyone else had this problem?  How do I fix it? 

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 190 Replies 190
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently formated my device (for different reasons), I installed

yesterday the newest Adobe Reader. However, the problem still exists. It

has crashed today!

It is useless guys! I am waiting a new update to solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you all please follow the below steps to give the dmp file which can be used by us for triaging the freezing issue:-

a) Open Acrobat/Reader

b) Do things till the state of Acrobat/Reader stops responding.

c) Now open “Windows Task Manager”. Go to “Processes” tab.

For Acrobat:

d) There would be a process by the name of Acrobat.exe. Here right click on “Acrobat.exe” and select “Create Dump File” option.

e) This will create a .dmp file at a particular location on your machine.

f) Please share this .dmp file with us on any network location like dropbox , Document Cloud etc. As the size of .dmp would be large so it would be good if you zip/rar it before sending.

For Reader:

d) There would be 2 processes by the name of AcroRd32.exe. Here right click on each “AcroRd32.exe” and select “Create Dump File” option.

e) This will create 2 .dmp files at a particular location on your machine. (one for each AcroRd32.exe process)

f) Please share these .dmp file with us on any network location like dropbox , Document Cloud etc. As the size of .dmp would be large so it would be good if you zip/rar it before sending.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any progress on the freezing issue yet? I am using Reader DC, Windows 10, to edit manuscript pdfs and am experiencing not only freezing, but losing all my edits! Upon shutting down frozen Reader and reopening, I am prompted to open AutoSaved version of previous doc, but when I try to open, it gives an error message that AutoSave version isn't available. I am having to hit Save button with every single edit I make in order to not lose my changes, which is doubling my project time and losing me money.

I have done all available updates and fixes. I am not working in tabbed mode--only one pdf at a time, so that isn't the issue.

PLEASE provide a fix! Thank you for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mmarkennedy,

are you not using the tabs or have you disabled tabs in DC's properties?

Since I have disabled them, everything works fine (except the still missing Iconpreviews :-)).

Johann

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Johann. I have disabled tabs and am not using them. Still isn't working for me. Sent dump files to Adobe as instructed above, and hoping for a fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shit... But. When I disabled the iabs, I installed the Foxít PDF Reader in order to get the thumbnails back as well. I simply installed Foxit, making it the Default PDF Reader, but switched back to DC in a minute. That gives me back the thumbs and Foxit remains the previewer and thus eleminates the "other" bug in DC, locking preview files for writing. I could imagine that this bug has several side-effects, including things you described.

Just an idea,

Johann

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you all please send the network location of dump files  to vvinayak@adobe.com

Thanks,

Varun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for us here as well. We have had this issue since November or October 2015. Computer specs Windows 7 SP1 64-bit running the latest version of Reader with no setting changes. I will send the dump files in a few minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I have Windows 10 and I use Adobe Reader DC almost everyday. Every Single day it keeps crashing while I am reading or when I move from document to another. It actually becomes very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep same problem, I'm on Windows 8 (Surface Pro2) this is the only program (out of 10 or so) that I use that has the "not responding error".

It is very annoying as it happens 3 or 4 times a day and you lose all of the widows that are open.

I would expect that a software package from Adobe would work perfectly!

Would be nice if this problem was fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

Can you please share the dump files location with me at vvinayak@adobe.com .

Thanks,

Varun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry how do you perform this, can’t find it on the software

Regards

Mark Burns

Senior Sales & Design Associate

markb@avelinghomes.com.au<mailto:markb@avelinghomes.com.au>

www.avelinghomes.com.au<http://www.avelinghomes.com.au/>

www.firsthomeownerscentre.com.au<http://www.firsthomeownerscentre.com.au/>

<http://www.pinterest.com/AvelingHomes/>[cid:image002.png@01D15D9A.FE399B70]<http://www.youtube.com/user/AvelingHomes>[cid:image003.png@01D15D9A.FE399B70]<http://www.facebook.com/AvelingHomes>[cid:image001.png@01D15D9A.FE399B70]<http://twitter.com/#!/AvelingHomes>[Description: cid:image014.png@01CF0B99.E2463EF0]

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original and any attachments. You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Any opinions expressed in this e-mail are entirely those of the author and unless specifically stated to the contrary, are not those of Aveling Homes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

For the dump files you need to share the following information with us:-

1. Send a snapshot of the “About” dialog of Acrobat/Reader.

Acrobat: You can do so by  launching Acrobat -> Go to Help Menu -> Pressing “About Adobe Acrobat Pro DC” and then taking the snapshot of the screen at this point.

Reader:  You can do so by  launching Reader -> Go to Help Menu -> Pressing “About Adobe Acrobat Reader DC” and then taking the snapshot of the screen at this point.

2.  To create the dump files follow the below mentioned procedure:-

a) Open Acrobat/Reader

b) Do things till the state of Acrobat/Reader stops responding.

c) Now open “Windows Task Manager”. Go to “Processes” tab.

For Acrobat:

d) There would be a process by the name of Acrobat.exe. Here right click on “Acrobat.exe” and select “Create Dump File” option.

e) This will create a .dmp file at a particular location on your machine.

f) Please share this .dmp file with us using any service like dropbox , Document Cloud etc. As the size of .dmp would be large so it would be good if you zip/rar it before sending.

For Reader:

d) There would be 2 processes by the name of AcroRd32.exe. Here right click on each “AcroRd32.exe” and select “Create Dump File” option.

e) This will create 2 .dmp files at a particular location on your machine. (one for each AcroRd32.exe process)

f) Please share both of these .dmp file with us using any service like dropbox , Document Cloud etc. As the size of .dmp would be large so it would be good if you zip/rar it before sending.

Please send the link of this network location and the snapshot of "About" dialog to vvinayak@adobe.com

Thanks,

Varun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same problem with Windows 7 enterprise x64, But Disabeling open in tab solved my problem after few uninstall/install action

Using 2015.010.20056

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue, even with only 2 tabs in one window and another single tab (total 3 files) it just freeze after 3 minutes when I press ctrl+F to find some key words, it just crashed. I have created the DMP files and send to vvinayak@adobe.com. Tried uninstalled and re-installed it's still the same. I'm using Win 8.1 Pro, 64 bit. I'm using the latest version of Adobe Reader DC. Now it starts to affect my work and I have to solve this. I wanted to use back the older version which is much stable but not able to find the installer again.

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I still haven't received the dump files from you. Can you please send them again?

Thanks,

Varun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Varun I sent them a week ago, the file is big so I sent a dropbox link to your email. I just sent again...Please confirm that you have received it.

Thanks

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

We have received your dump files. Thanks for sharing them. But I was actually asking from msj12576591‌ to share his dump files location as I still haven't received them from him.

Regards,

Varun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent it via wetransfer to vvinayak@adobe.com and i have also received the email saying that it has already been downloaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi msj12576591,

Since there was no email id mentioned here from where the mail came that's why we couldn't make out which one is yours. We have received your mail and are working on it.

Thanks,

Varun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2016 Feb 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this problem been resolved? It is driving me crazy! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2016 Feb 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievable. I can't believe how this serious problem still exist! When

will Adobe give an appropriate attention and release a new update?!!!!

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 5:55 PM, johnstonh99402558 <forums_noreply@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi johnstonh99402558,

Our engineering team is working on the problem and we are trying to fix the issue in the next update.

Thanks,

Varun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted DC and found XI somewhere online to install.  When filling out my income taxes, I can't even count how many times DC froze!  Sooo annoying!..I have a brand new laptop with Windows 10 which runs everything else perfectly.

Adobe should put XI on your site so it's a "safe" copy until you get the glitches out of this new one. I am not a computer geek and don't want to spend hours "troubleshooting" nor figuring out how to send a dump file...

Annoyingly, XI keeps wanting me to update to DC.  No no no no NO!  How can I turn off the "update" reminder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the latest version of DC (2015.010.20059) and am really getting frustrated with the continued freezing, Not Responding, Etc.

Can anyone recommend a non-Adobe reader to use until Adobe solves these issues?

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines