• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC Scanner UX/UI FRUSTRATION

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So regretting upgrading (downgrade) from Acrobat XI to DC. What an awful UX/UI!

Can anyone help with:

•  Adding custom shortcuts to tool ribbon - on top (did this with XI)
  • Create a custom new scan shortcut set to your scanning preferences (did this with XI)
  • Once you have scanned an image how to you do a new scan - with a single click? (did this with XI)
  • Stop it for asking me EVERY TIME I click the email button, which application I want to use? (didn't do this with XI). 1980s programming etiquette - set and forget!

While there are some nice features in the program, why do I have to mouse click 50 times for everything I want to do? Worst UI EVER!!!

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the "theater of security". Windows 10 has the same issue. They seem to think that if you limit what the user can do and ask for their approval a million times over for every little thing it will be more "secure", when in fact it just trains people to blindly press "I agree" to every notification, or forces them to lower the security level so low so that these notifications don't appear at all (defeating the very purpose for which they were added), or just frustrates the hell out of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard agree w/try67's analysis. Likewise, I agreed with you when I first installed DC, but I have grown used to it and have forgotten completely how things worked with XI. 

I can at least help you with your first bullet point. You right click on empty spot on toolbar & choose "Customize Quick Tools" then add your preferred buttons and click "Save." 

scan.gif

For your second bullet point, I think you can click the gear icon and save default scan settings there. 

I currently don't have any scanner set up at all, so I can't guess at how to address your third point.

Last point: is that an Acrobat "which email app" dialog or a native OS "which email app" dialog? Because that's the kind of pref that might be stored in your OS, that could be reset when installing a new application. I mean, I doubt it, it's probably an Acrobat thing, but I feel obliged to check. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback. 

In your clip you can see the problem. There is an option to insert a page to the current document, but not scan a new one., unless I'm missing something. There is no new scan option.

The email promt is an Adobe prompt, asking which application you want to use. It's not windows asking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm starting to think that you may be formulating a completely valid feature request. I see that the toolbar that I'm adding buttons to vanishes when I don't have a PDF open, so the button I showed you in my GIF can't let you start a new PDF when you have no PDFs open. If you have a PDF open... the Append to Existing File checkbox is greyed out, but it will only let you insert scans into the PDF you have open. If you close all your PDFs, a "Reccomended Tools for You" toolbar appears. You can get to a fresh scan from there in three clicks:

scanner.gif

Or, whether or not another PDF is open, you can use the File -> Create PDF -> From scanner -> uncheck "Append"; that's only four clicks. 

scanny2.gif

I am feeling a certain degree of "bah, humbug" on your behalf, over here. I thought that maybe customizing the Reccomended Tools for You bar would be helpful for many. I mean, I don't use any of those tools, ever, and there are several tools that I use all the time, so I don't know why these tools are Reccomended. So, I went looking for a way to customize that tools list, and I found many postings referring people to adobe.uservoice.com, where feature requests can be made, and will actually be looked at (if not acted upon) by the InDesign development team. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines