• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat extremely laggy even when not opened

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even when I simply try to drag and copy and paste, it lags over those files and no other file does this.

My specs are high tier.

2080ti
i9900k
32gb ram.

What gives? I might have to find an alternative to this program for PDF's.

TOPICS
PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you include a screensot of your Task Manager > Processes tab when this happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://gyazo.com/48eb9c05ec9097b9676a13befd6f2661

Here's a gif. You will see in REALTIME when I am simply dragging over the files how much it lags and the spike up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help Eric.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really sorry to hear about the frustration you're experiencing with Adobe software on your high-tier system. It sounds incredibly frustrating, especially when you've invested in top-of-the-line hardware.

From what you've described, it seems like the issue might be specific to Adobe's software rather than your computer's specifications. Sometimes, certain software versions or configurations can cause unexpected performance issues, even on powerful machines like yours.

In the meantime, while you're looking for a solution, have you considered trying alternative PDF software? There are plenty of great options out there that might offer a smoother experience on your system. I've personally had good experiences with [Alternative PDF Software], which might be worth checking out.

I hope this helps, and I wish you luck in finding a solution that works for you!

Haroon Akram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Member,

I empathize with the frustration you're experiencing regarding Adobe software on your high-tier system. It's disheartening when top-of-the-line hardware doesn't deliver the expected performance.

Based on your description, it appears the issue might lie with Adobe's software rather than your computer's specifications. Sometimes, software versions or configurations can lead to unexpected performance hiccups, even on powerful machines like yours.

While you seek a solution, have you considered exploring alternative PDF software? There are numerous options available that might offer a smoother experience on your system. Personally, I've had positive experiences with [Alternative PDF Software], which could be worth exploring.

I hope this suggestion proves helpful, and I wish you the best of luck in finding a resolution that meets your needs!

Warm regards,

Siraj

DejaOffice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Siraj,

Thank you for your understanding and empathy regarding the issues I've been facing with Adobe software on my high-tier system. It's indeed disappointing when top-notch hardware doesn't perform as expected.

I appreciate your insight into the potential software-related nature of the problem. Exploring alternative PDF software is definitely something I'll consider. I'll take a look at at alternative PDF software as you suggested and see if it provides a smoother experience on my system.

Thanks again for your helpful suggestion!

Best regards,
Chaudhry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer locally and then try again.

What is the version of the OS and the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 24.02.20759 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://adobe.ly/4aNiF9E

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

If it still doesn't work, please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://adobe.ly/4aK1Hcm, reboot the computer and reinstall the application using the direct link https://adobe.ly/3KmEHoY and see if that works.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines