• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat freezes when I try to export to Excel

New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Acrobat Pro 20, out of nowhere today, whenever I try to export a pdf to excel or word, it immediately freezes up and stops responding. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but I'm at my wits end right now. Acrobat freezes at "preprocessing file for export" and then I have to close the program and restart. Any help would be incredibly appreciated as exporting pdf's to excel spreadsheets is extremely important for my job. Thank you. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for reporting the issue. Can you please provide us the details of the following:

• Acrobat Version - Please share the screenshot of the Acrobat version screen Go to help -> About Acrobat ... and take a screenshot
  • Operating system (Mac/Win) and its version
  • Are you facing the issue with specific PDF file or every file. If it is file specific then can you please share the file with us.

We're here to help, just need some more info.

Regards,
Akanksha Garg
Software Engineer II
Adobe Acrobat Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe that's because the PDF file you were trying to export to Excel or Word was too huge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem on Windows 10. I have the version of Acrobat Reader and I have a paid subscription for the option to export pdfs as xls or doc etc. Suddenly, today the Acrobat freezes (and does not unfreeze) at the "Save As" window when I am saving the exported xls documents. It does not happen with word docs, only excel. I have the force quit the application and restart it.
It does happen with every pdf I try.
I have tried the following solutions with no success:
Check for updates (No updates available - Installed Acrobat (64 Bit)

Repair Installation
Uninstall and Reinstall
All three methods outlined here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcW0d9B1qi0&feature=youtu.be

Restarting windows

Any further advice greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried using the online adobe platform, and it seems to have worked. Converting a small PDF file locally to excel also worked, but anything bigger than 50KB and it freezes. It seems the only solution is to buy an online subscription for $25.99 / mo., no help from the Adobe customer support or online community here... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I checked the version of adobe I'm using, it's old, Adobe Acrobat x V 10.1.16 which they state "support for Adobe Acrobat 10.x and Adobe Reader 10.x ended on November 15, 2015." So that's probably the problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Joe31762973jcot 

You are correct, Acrobat X is a very old version of the Acrobat series. It hasn't been tested on the latest OS. hence there would be compatibility issues as well as the resultant file will not be correct. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/end-of-support-acrobat-x-reader-x.html#:~:text=x%20ended%20on%20N...

For exporting the PDF file, you can subscribe to Acrobat Export PDF online service only. It works with the freeware desktop app Acrobat Reader. https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/export-pdf-online-pricing.html 

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines