• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat freezes when links are clicked

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened for a long time now and I can't figure out why. When I click on any hyperlink in pdf Acrobat freezes (I get "not responding") and it takes 3-5 minutes and then finally opens the link. This is obviously inefficient, why is this happening?

Using Acrobat Pro DC, version 2020.012.20043.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jamiet,

Its sad to hear that its an long term issue. I believe you had this problem, not just with Acrobat's latest version. The earlier versions causes the same trouble for you. Did I get this right?

To understand what exactly causing problem, we'll make a few changes in Acrobat preferences to see if that helps-

1- Restart your computer

2- Navigate to Acrobat>Edit>Preferences(for Win) and Adobe Acrobat>Preferences (Mac)>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected Mode at Startup", "Protected View" and "Enhanced Security">OK>close and reopen Acrobat> Reopen PDF

Note: these changes are only for testing purpose. Once tested, please change it back to the previous setting.

3- If its a windows system, then Open Acrobat>Help>repair installation.

4- The file which includes hyperlinks, make sure those links are accessible, or doesn't have restriction.

5- In addition to that, disable security software (if any) installed on your system. Once done, then try to access the link.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bumping this thread as I too continue to have the problems, even after disabling the enhanced security features.  Uninstalling Acrobat and using Edge's built in pdf view, and clicking the links works perfectly fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines