Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EQUIPMENT:

Fujitstu FI-7160 scanner with most current TWAIN or ISIS drivers

Windows 10 Professional on a domain network

Adobe Acrobat DC through Creative Cloud, all updates applied

SYMPTOM:

After installing new computer, I scanned fine for 2-3 days. Then at the end of a scan it will pause for a moment and report "Acrobat has stopped working." It doesn't matter if it is a 2 page scan or a 30 page scan. It always completes before giving the error.

REPAIR ATTEMPTS found in assorted forums:

I turned off OCR, and created a registry entry Adobe recommended to force off OCR.

I uninstalled/reinstalled Acrobat, and it worked for about 10 minutes before crashing again.

I've updated to the most current Fujitsu drivers from their website.

I repaired Acrobat with no effect.

I have moved the ACE.dll file to the desktop and then repaired from the Control Panel.

I'm returning to work on this at 6am tomorrow morning. Any guidance you can offer will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking deeper into the forums there are threads that have gone close to a year without resolution on this issue. Fortunately there is one workaround which at this point seems consistent:

I had been going to:

File: Create: PDF From Scanner

This crashed almost 90% of the time.

Now I'm going to Tools: Create PDF: Scanner

and it seems to be working.

Considering the number of people with this identical issue and the duration for which they have had it, it amazes me that Adobe cannot find the resolution to fix this once and for all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We apologize for the issue you are facing. Please try 1 solution. Install the latest update and create a new registry with value as 1

Path: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC]

Right-click DC-> new -> [Key: FeatureState]

Right-click FeatureState-> new ->[DWORD: 4228380] and set value as 1

Relaunch Acrobat and scan. If the error still reproducible, please share the crash logs:

To create crash logs please follow these steps.

1. Create a folder “C:\temp”
  2. Download and extract Shared Files - Acrobat.com to C:\temp.
  3. Make sure no Acrobat instances are already running -- check via Task Manager.
  4. Launch Acrobat
  5. Launch CMD prompt and type "cd c:\temp"
  6. On the Command Prompt type: "procdump -e -ma Acrobat.exe c:\temp\01.dmp". Procdump will now wait for the crash to happen.
  7. Perform the actions in Acrobat that cause it to crash.
  8. Procdump will have created c:\temp\01.dmp. Share the file.
  9. You may upload the logs to Adobe Send and share the link. How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines