• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat not printing color borders in PDF

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue with Adobe Acrobat not printing the top and bottom color borders in my PDF. I have tried "Custom Scale", "Shrink oversized pages", "Fit", and went through every option available in the printing properties and Acrobat still won't print the top and bottom borders in the document. I opened it in Micrsoft Edge and it printed perfectly. I also sent the PDF to various employees and they also had the same experience with Acrobat, no printed borders, but printing from a browser works great. Also exported as an image and it printed great. The document was created in InDesign and exported to PDF. It also prints perfect in InDesign. But this occurs with every single PDF I have that has a top and bottom border, which means all of my company's marketing materials. Help!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the print dialog box of Acrobat there is a "Page Setup" button. See if you have the standard letter size. You may need to choose "Borderless Letter" or create one that is 8.5x10.99

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I've tried your suggestions and both still printed without the borders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's printing fine for me here on Acrobat. Most printers won't print all the way to the edge of the paper (borderless).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My home printer has borderless printing and it still didn't print the blue borders. I even scaled the PDF to 80% and it still didn't print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the border show up (as blue) in the preview when you are about to print (that is, in the print dialog)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it shows in print preview, including the website address and page number in the bottom border.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't find anything in Acrobat that would cause your print issue, out of curiosity, I opened the first page in Illustrator and turned off every object visibility except the two blue rectangles (and expanded the artboard). When I turned off the clipping path for the bottom object, it appeared larger than expected, how did you create the shapes? I'm wondering if this is a postscript issue with your printer? How old is your printer? Have you checked for print driver updates? TSN, does the pdf print correctly for you?

Make a copy of your InDesign file, recreate the shapes using simple rectangles, export to pdf, do you see any difference?

Illustrator layers.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines