• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat placed signature into contracts automatically?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Initial situation:
I am using Adobe CC and have my signature saved in Acrobat so that I can place my signature in PDF documents if I want.

I did not change anything in my account settings in the signature preferences, everything there is on default. I am also not signed on to Adobe Sign, I do not have an account there.

Today a business partner sent a contract to sign; this was done via adobesign.com. The mail with the signature request was sent to me, but I am not the one in our company who has to sign and did not sign it (this is important!).

The proper way would have been to delegate this via a link in the mail, but instead the mail was simply forwarded to the correct signee. However, this can't be an excuse for what happened then:

The recipient (the correct signee in our company) clicked the link in the mail to the contract, the contract opened and the signee was presented with MY signature from Acrobat already in the signature area. They could not change it or sign themselves; all they could do is kinda "validate" my signature.

How and why did my signature from Acrobat end up in this contract without my knowledge, my contribution or my approval?
Even if we conclude that the forwarding of the mail was definitely wrong and may has resulted in Adobe Sign still expecting my signature: There is no way that my signature should end up in the contract without some kind of dialogue or interaction. Even big honking notification would not be sufficient for such a sensitive matter.
Has Acrobat some weird "auto signature" feature (https://www.adobe.com/sign/hub/features/automated-signature) that isn't explained anywhere?

I would appreciate any input on this issue.
As an emergency measure I removed my signature from Acrobat.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody experienced a similar situation, nobody has any suggestions what went wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the forum for Adobe Sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do, although I am still looking at the only place where my signature was stored (Acrobat) as the potential culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Duplicate post:

Please refer to the following thread for this issue: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-acrobat-sign-discussions/acrobat-placed-signature-into-contract....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines