• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC and Acrobat Reader DC Installation

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Acrobat Pro DC on my new Windows 11 PC. I was expecting that Acrobat Reader DC would also install since that's what happened on my older PC. I don't have an option in my online account to install Acrobat Reader DC even though it's included in my plan. When I download Acrobat Reader DC from the general Adobe site and try to install, it returns a message that another version of Acrobat is already installed and quites the installation. I'd appreciate any assistance. I'd like to have Acrobat Reader DC on my PC too since I need to test how forms I create behave for Acrobat Reader DC users.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

You do not need Reader if you have Adobe Acrobat installed. That's why the installer says you already have a (more powerful) version installed. For testing purposes, I have a virtual mahien that just has Reader. This way, I can use both applications, without them getting in the way of each other. In the past, Adobe allowed both applications to co-exist as long as they both were the of the same version, but that is no longer the case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not need Reader if you have Adobe Acrobat installed. That's why the installer says you already have a (more powerful) version installed. For testing purposes, I have a virtual mahien that just has Reader. This way, I can use both applications, without them getting in the way of each other. In the past, Adobe allowed both applications to co-exist as long as they both were the of the same version, but that is no longer the case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much. I thought that might be the case. I can use my older PC to test using Acrobat Reader DC, so I have that option available when needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm a home user on Windows 11 and have Adobe Acrobat PRO. My wife and I both share the same desktop computer and use Acrobat to digitally sign documents. In order for this to work, we have our own Adobe IDs and in the past I used to sign in to my PRO and she signed in on the Reader. But now since I can't install both, I've been forced to install the older Reader 11 to use for my wife to sign documents, but the signature can only be stored locally because Reader 11 doesn't support Adobe ID sign in. She can't digitally sign documents with my PRO version because, of course, her ID doesn't have the PRO license and it forces the application to close. I'm furious about this and considering switching to an alternate PDF program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines