• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC crashes when opening multiple files

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to open more than one file with Acrobat Pro DC. I can open the first PDF just fine, but opening a second causes the application to crash without warning. This problem has only started in the last day or two. Previously, I observed Acrobat crashing when moving the open window between monitors (removing from one and docking on another). I have tried this with many different files of varying size, restarted windows, and no luck so far. I am using version 2019.008.20080 on a Windows 10 Pro machine. Has anyone seen this or have any suggestions?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Oooooooohhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i find the real solution. you can translation to solve it.

花了好长时间,终于找到了解决方法,大家可以试一试,如果成功的话来分享一下喜悦。

解决方法:编辑,首选项,页面显示,关闭使用2d图形加速。完美解决!!

解决完思考了一下,应该是我之前升级了显卡驱动导致的,大家应该也可以通过显卡降级解决这玩意。

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i forgot to mention the app version number, so here it is "Adobe Acrobat DC (64 bit)  21.007.20099"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've just had a look and 2d graphics acceleration has disappeared from my Preferences for Page Display as well - however, I can still open as many PDFs as I like at the same time. If you've still got problems with crashes when you try to open multiple PDFs, I suggest you uninstall the program from your machine, restart the machine, install a new copy of the program and try again. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

@Francis5FDE hope you're doing good. i'll try uninstalling the version I'm on and try to re install it again and let you know. thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, this does work for me. Apologies for misunderstanding that this had, indeed, been solved.  

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate 

Open Adobe Acrobat >>> Edit >>> Preferences >>> Page Display >>> Use 2D graphic accelaration >>> Reboot the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat X1 and could not open multiple pages. To clarify, you need to switch off 2D graphic acceleration, so untick the box. Works perfectly now. My thanks to our Chinese friend above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have anything in preferences > page view that shows anything "2D viewing".  None of these solutions work for me.  Has anyone made any progress on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20117 (Win), 20112 (Mac). Go to Help Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Please try to repair the installation form the help menu (Win Only) and reboot the computer once and check.

You may also try to create a new test  user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've since found out that it appears my windows user profile is corrupted.  I created another profile and adobe opens the files fine.  I'm not having issues with any other program, only acrobat DC pro.  So, that's interesting.  Regardless, that appears to be the problem.  The version I'm running is on Windows 64 bit.  Version: 22.1.20117.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

As the application is working fine in the new user profile,  there isn't much that we can do, please try to repair the affected user profile and see if that works.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines