• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC Recent File List is Blank

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Pro DC v. 2018.011.20038. The recent file list no longer shows any files. I do not know when this started. Today, I cleared the list because I noticed that PDFs that I worked on were not being added to it, and I thought that it had something to do with the max number of files I set. Now, the list remains blank.

I also attempted to a repair installation of Acrobat DC, but that didn't work.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

**** EDIT ****

I noticed that recent item lists were also blank in non-Adobe applications, such as Excel and Word. This led me to believe that a system-wide setting was changed. I downloaded and installed Avira Privacy Pal, and it turned out that I was correct. In Privacy Pal there is this setting: User Privacy > User Activity > Don't keep history of recently used documents (for anyone else reading this thread, you need to be in "expert mode" in Avira to access this setting).

After I deactivated t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello K_SEREBY,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are not getting any files in Recent in Acrobat Pro DC version 2018.011.20038, Is that correct?

Please try resetting the Acrobat's preferences once, and reboot the machine, to reset the preferences, please refer to How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

If the issue persists, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Acrobat Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install Acrobat back from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

**** EDIT ****

I noticed that recent item lists were also blank in non-Adobe applications, such as Excel and Word. This led me to believe that a system-wide setting was changed. I downloaded and installed Avira Privacy Pal, and it turned out that I was correct. In Privacy Pal there is this setting: User Privacy > User Activity > Don't keep history of recently used documents (for anyone else reading this thread, you need to be in "expert mode" in Avira to access this setting).

After I deactivated the setting mentioned above, Acrobat returned to its normal behavior of keeping track of recently opened documents.

I consider this issue to be solved. Thank you!

**** EDIT ****

Anand,

Thank you for the instructions. I followed each step until I finally reinstalled Acrobat Pro DC 2018.011.20035 using the Creative Cloud app. Please note that this version seems to be older than the one I had previously.

Unfortunately, the recent files list remains unpopulated. I attempted to open multiple PDFs, but the list remains empty. Are there any other steps I can take?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello K_SEREBY,

Great! Good to hear that the issue got fixed and you are back on track, nice job troubleshooting that and thank you so much for sharing the solution and workaround.

Give us a shout if you need any assistance with Acrobat/Reader/Document Cloud Services in future.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I face the same problem, recent files is blank, but documents are listed in the case I chose to send file to the cloud...

I tried the unistallation with no success

I have the same issue on 2 dirrerent Mac under Sierra 10.13.6

thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

19.21.20048.354540 still has same issues. It's October 2019. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I have had the same issue, immediately after an update to the Acrobat to version 2022.001.20085 

The"Recent Files" now is blank.
How can this be corrected?
Thanks, Best regards,

Nuno

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines